Updated Jan 2, 2012 - 10:19 am
So long Swin: Storm deals Cash for 2nd overall pick
"We've spent a lot of time analyzing our current needs and what it will take to win another championship. We believe this trade positions us for short and long-term success by adding a lottery pick and creating a substantial amount of salary cap space for free agency," said Storm Head Coach and General Manager Brian Agler in a statement. "We are very thankful for the Swin and Le'coe's contributions to the success of the Storm, including the critical roles they played in helping us win the 2010 championship."
During four seasons in Seattle, Cash averaged 12.7 points, 6.2 rebounds and 2.2 assists per game. She represented the Storm in the 2009 and 2011 All-Star Games, earning MVP honors both times.
Willingham, signed as a free agent from the Phoenix Mercury on Feb. 9, 2010, averaged 6.0 points and 4.2 rebounds during two seasons with the Storm.
Follow Josh Kerns, MyNorthwest.com Reporter
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- Mariners notebook: Good news for Taijuan Walker
- M's reportedly interested in White Sox OF Viciedo
- Will Miller or Franklin be the M's starting shortstop?
- Mariners' pitchers have a new focus under Waits
- ESPN's Kurkjian: Corey Hart 'crucial' for M's offense
- Notebook: Felix, Seager remember first time they faced
- More Seattle Mariners »