Updated Nov 21, 2012 - 10:06 am
WSU LB Travis Long may miss Apple Cup
PULLMAN, Wash. (AP) - Washington State's best defensive player may miss this Friday's Apple Cup game against archrival Washington.
Linebacker Travis Long has not practiced all week, team spokesman Bill Stevens said Wednesday. There are widespread media reports that Long suffered a knee injury in last weekend's loss at Arizona State.
Washington State coach Mike Leach does not discuss injuries, so Long's status is unclear.
Long has started every game for the Cougars since his freshman year, 47 in all. He ranks fourth in the Pac-12 with 9 1/2 sacks this season.
If Long cannot play, sophomore Logan Mayes would start in his place, defensive coordinator Mike Breske said.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- Danny O'Neil
Person of Interest: Giants quarterback Eli Manning
- Danny O'Neil
Giants game will be prime opportunity for Seahawks
- Jim Moore
Rooting against Huskies' Petersen won't be easy
- Seahawks' Russell Wilson drafted by MLB's Rangers
- Smith stepping into important role for Seahawks
- Seahawks notebook: Percy Harvin sits out again
- Giants game will be a prime opportunity for Seahawks
- Seahawks fans outraged by depiction in Dr. Dre commercial
- Luke Willson showing why the Seahawks wanted him
- More Seattle Seahawks »
- Mariners make it official with Robinson Cano
- Mariners announce deal with Robinson Cano
- What's next for the Mariners after their latest moves?
- Seattle signs Hart, acquires Morrison
- Mariners agree to deal with Corey Hart, reportedly acquire Logan Morrison in trade
- Report paints an ugly picture of Mariners' front office
- More Seattle Mariners »