Updated Nov 21, 2012 - 10:06 am
WSU LB Travis Long may miss Apple Cup
PULLMAN, Wash. (AP) - Washington State's best defensive player may miss this Friday's Apple Cup game against archrival Washington.
Linebacker Travis Long has not practiced all week, team spokesman Bill Stevens said Wednesday. There are widespread media reports that Long suffered a knee injury in last weekend's loss at Arizona State.
Washington State coach Mike Leach does not discuss injuries, so Long's status is unclear.
Long has started every game for the Cougars since his freshman year, 47 in all. He ranks fourth in the Pac-12 with 9 1/2 sacks this season.
If Long cannot play, sophomore Logan Mayes would start in his place, defensive coordinator Mike Breske said.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- Seattle 1B Choi banned 50 games for positive test
- Mariners minor leaguer suspended
- Mariners announcer needs signature Robinson Cano call
- Mariners notebook: A surprise in right field
- Mariners notebook: Walker shut down for two weeks
- M's Walker diagnosed with shoulder impingement
- More Seattle Mariners »
- Sidney Rice agrees to one-year deal with Seahawks
- Sidney Rice returns to the Seahawks with reported 1-year-deal
- Video: Seahawks stay mum on Lockette with TMZ paparazzi
- Seahawks with the most to gain: Byron Maxwell
- Seahawks should bring back Sidney Rice at a discount
- Russell Wilson, Seahawks keep busy in offseason California workouts
- More Seattle Seahawks »