Updated Nov 21, 2012 - 10:06 am
WSU LB Travis Long may miss Apple Cup
PULLMAN, Wash. (AP) - Washington State's best defensive player may miss this Friday's Apple Cup game against archrival Washington.
Linebacker Travis Long has not practiced all week, team spokesman Bill Stevens said Wednesday. There are widespread media reports that Long suffered a knee injury in last weekend's loss at Arizona State.
Washington State coach Mike Leach does not discuss injuries, so Long's status is unclear.
Long has started every game for the Cougars since his freshman year, 47 in all. He ranks fourth in the Pac-12 with 9 1/2 sacks this season.
If Long cannot play, sophomore Logan Mayes would start in his place, defensive coordinator Mike Breske said.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- Mariners notebook: Rodney ready for a strong start
- John Stearns puts Mariners first and steps down
- Walker plays catch, expects to throw again Friday
- Mariners notebook: McClendon 'anxious' to see Walker
- Mariners notebook: Roster reduced to 55
- 'Cactus League Report' recap and podcast
- More Seattle Mariners »