Updated Nov 21, 2012 - 10:06 am
WSU LB Travis Long may miss Apple Cup
PULLMAN, Wash. (AP) - Washington State's best defensive player may miss this Friday's Apple Cup game against archrival Washington.
Linebacker Travis Long has not practiced all week, team spokesman Bill Stevens said Wednesday. There are widespread media reports that Long suffered a knee injury in last weekend's loss at Arizona State.
Washington State coach Mike Leach does not discuss injuries, so Long's status is unclear.
Long has started every game for the Cougars since his freshman year, 47 in all. He ranks fourth in the Pac-12 with 9 1/2 sacks this season.
If Long cannot play, sophomore Logan Mayes would start in his place, defensive coordinator Mike Breske said.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- Brent Stecker
Ten things you should know about Cano
- Shannon Drayer
Pundits weigh in on Mariners' deal with Cano
- Danny O'Neil
Hawks' win would mean a changing of the guard
- James Carpenter resumes starting role at left guard
- Seahawks' win would mean a changing of the guard
- Pete Carroll: Seahawks' Percy Harvin out against 49ers
- Brandon Browner sits out Thursday's practice
- Watch a live stream of 'The Huddle'
- Person of Interest: 49ers' Colin Kaepernick
- More Seattle Seahawks »
- Pundits weigh in on Mariners' deal with Robinson Cano
- Reports: Mariners land Robinson Cano on 10-year deal
- What to make of Cano's meeting with Mariners
- Willie Bloomquist talks about his return and hints at more moves to come
- Mariners' Jack Zduriencik isn't tipping his hand
- Rick Rizzs and Toys for Kids make thousands of area children happy at Christmas
- More Seattle Mariners »