Updated Nov 26, 2012 - 7:07 am
Husky punched out in post-Apple Cup incident
The University of Washington won't comment on a troubling incident following the Apple Cup, when a fan punched and knocked down tight end Austin Seferian-Jenkins.
It happened as fans rushed the field in the aftermath of Washington State's 31-28 overtime win over the Huskies.
In a video getting widely circulated around the Internet, you can see Seferian-Jenkins walking off the field when he was struck by a man near the 45 yard line at about the 13 second mark of the video.
Seferian-Jenkins didn't mention the incident in his post-game interviews, according to the Seattle Times. But he did address it later on Twitter in a post that has since been removed from his account: "I prayed for that man that struck me. He must have some issues #prayingforhim"
SB Nation's Coug Center isolated the incident in an animation and looked into it following the initial reports.
The fan hasn't been identified and there's no indication of what might have prompted the sucker punch. What is clear is that Seferian-Jenkins was merely walking in the other direction when the man came out of the crowd and hit him.
Follow Josh Kerns, MyNorthwest.com Reporter
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- Danny O'Neil
Giants game will be prime opportunity for Seahawks
- Jim Moore
Rooting against Huskies' Petersen won't be easy
- Bob and Groz
Willson showing why the Seahawks wanted him
- Seahawks notebook: Percy Harvin sits out again
- Giants game will be a prime opportunity for Seahawks
- Seahawks fans outraged by depiction in Dr. Dre commercial
- Luke Willson showing why the Seahawks wanted him
- Hawk Talk: Live Seahawks chat with Danny O'Neil
- Should the Seahawks have let the 49ers score?
- More Seattle Seahawks »
- Seattle signs Hart, acquires Morrison
- Mariners agree to deal with Corey Hart, reportedly acquire Logan Morrison in trade
- Report paints an ugly picture of Mariners' front office
- Zduriencik addresses Wedge's comments, Cano's deal and other potential Mariners moves
- Mariners notes: In defense of Cano's contract
- Mariners notes, links from Day 1 of winter meetings
- More Seattle Mariners »