Updated Nov 26, 2012 - 7:07 am
Husky punched out in post-Apple Cup incident
The University of Washington won't comment on a troubling incident following the Apple Cup, when a fan punched and knocked down tight end Austin Seferian-Jenkins.
It happened as fans rushed the field in the aftermath of Washington State's 31-28 overtime win over the Huskies.
In a video getting widely circulated around the Internet, you can see Seferian-Jenkins walking off the field when he was struck by a man near the 45 yard line at about the 13 second mark of the video.
Seferian-Jenkins didn't mention the incident in his post-game interviews, according to the Seattle Times. But he did address it later on Twitter in a post that has since been removed from his account: "I prayed for that man that struck me. He must have some issues #prayingforhim"
SB Nation's Coug Center isolated the incident in an animation and looked into it following the initial reports.
The fan hasn't been identified and there's no indication of what might have prompted the sucker punch. What is clear is that Seferian-Jenkins was merely walking in the other direction when the man came out of the crowd and hit him.
Follow Josh Kerns, MyNorthwest.com Reporter
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- Wyman, Mike and Moore
'Russellmania' gets one Seahawk star treatment
- Brock Huard
Chalk Talk: Wilson and Baldwin beat Saints' blitz
- Shannon Drayer
Mariners' Jack Zduriencik isn't tipping his hand
- Seahawks notebook: Percy Harvin held out of practice
- 49ers' Joe Looney takes on key offensive line role
- Chalk Talk: Wilson and Baldwin beat the Saints' blitz
- 49ers remind fans about 'home field advantage plan'
- 49ers prepare to stay composed in emotional game
- What we learned from Seahawks' win over Saints
- More Seattle Seahawks »
- Rick Rizzs and Toys for Kids make thousands of area children happy at Christmas
- Mariners notebook: Robinson Cano talk heating up
- Seattle hires Wilson as minor league coach
- Notebook: Mariners close to signing Willie Bloomquist
- Howard Lincoln on the Mariners' search for a president
- What's next in the Mariners' search for a president?
- More Seattle Mariners »