Updated Nov 28, 2012 - 2:54 pm
Leach says he is returning to Washington State
Leach's name has come up in connection with some coaching vacancies across the country, particularly at North Carolina State.
But Leach said Wednesday that he's happy in Pullman and not looking for another job. He says he wants to turn the Washington State program around.
The Cougars finished 3-9 in Leach's first season, but they beat archrival Washington in the Apple Cup. It was the first losing record of Leach's career.
He says the team needs to get bigger and stronger next season, and will be particularly looking to recruit more offensive and defensive linemen.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Bonneville Media encourages site users to express their opinions by posting comments. Our goal is to maintain a civil dialogue in which readers feel comfortable. At times, the comments can descend to personal attacks. Please do not engage in such behavior. We encourage your thoughtful comments which: have a positive and constructive tone, are on topic, are respectful toward others and their opinions. Bonneville reserves the right to remove comments which do not conform to these criteria.
- John Clayton
Video: Clayton trains for his big moment at Safeco
- Wyman, Mike and Moore
GM says Ackley, Harang staying put for now
- Shannon Drayer
Zduriencik on Montero's demotion and future
- Seattle drops 7th straight in 9-5 loss to Texas
- Berkman, Baker power Texas past Seattle 9-5
- Seattle designates Andino calls up Sucre, Triunfel
- With Andino reportedly on waivers and Miller on the move, what's next for the Mariners?
- Law: Zduriencik's seat 'getting hotter by the day'
- Zduriencik says Ackley, Harang staying put for now
- More Seattle Mariners »
- Report: Seahawks' Anthony McCoy has torn Achilles
- Ex-Seahawk Mike Williams resurfaces in CFL
- Seahawks sign local product Justin Veltung
- Where Russell Wilson has shown the most growth
- Which Seahawk is most impacted by Percy Harvin?
- Taking issue with Marshawn Lynch's OTA absence
- More Seattle Seahawks »
- Seattle MF Evans added to US training camp roster
- Johnson scores twice as Sounders beat FC Dallas
- Neagle's two goals lifts Sounders over Earthquakes
- Traore lifts Sounders to 1-0 win over Sporting KC
- Martin lifts Sounders past Rapids 1-0
- Sounders sign former Virginia forward Will Bates
- More Sounders FC »