Updated Oct 22, 2013 - 12:35 pm
Leach not too disappointed in 4-4 record
SPOKANE, Wash. (AP) - Washington State is only 4-4 heading into its first bye week of the season, but coach Mike Leach says he is not too disappointed in his team.
The Cougars' losses are to No. 2 Oregon, No. 8 Stanford, No. 11 Auburn and Oregon State.
Leach said Tuesday the combined record of the teams WSU has lost to is 25-3.
The Cougars have also played eight games in the first eight weeks of the season, leaving players a bit banged up.
Washington State doesn't even get the benefit of a full bye week. Their next game is Thursday, Oct. 31, against Arizona State. They resume practice this Thursday.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- Danny O'Neil
Hawks' win would mean a changing of the guard
- Wyman, Mike and Moore
'Russellmania' gets one Seahawk star treatment
- Brock Huard
Chalk Talk: Wilson and Baldwin beat Saints' blitz
- Pete Carroll: Seahawks' Percy Harvin out against 49ers
- Brandon Browner sits out Thursday's practice
- Watch a live stream of 'The Huddle'
- Person of Interest: 49ers' Colin Kaepernick
- 'Russellmania' gets one Seahawk the star treatment
- Seahawks notebook: Percy Harvin held out of practice
- More Seattle Seahawks »
- What to make of Cano's meeting with Mariners
- Willie Bloomquist talks about his return and hints at more moves to come
- Mariners' Jack Zduriencik isn't tipping his hand
- Rick Rizzs and Toys for Kids make thousands of area children happy at Christmas
- Mariners notebook: Robinson Cano talk heating up
- Seattle hires Wilson as minor league coach
- More Seattle Mariners »