Updated May 9, 2013 - 3:21 pm
Las Vegas Bowl set for Dec. 21 Saturday 12:30 p.m.
LAS VEGAS (AP) - The 2013 Las Vegas Bowl will be played Dec. 21 on a Saturday afternoon for the second year in a row.
ESPN Regional Television and bowl officials announced Thursday the 22nd annual bowl will kick off at Sam Boyd Stadium at 12:30 p.m. PST.
The matchup to be televised nationally by ABC will feature the top choice from the Mountain West Conference against the fifth pick from the Pac-12.
Dan Hanneke, the bowl's executive director, says they had a tremendous response to playing last year's game on a weekend day and are pleased the calendar will accommodate a similar setup this year.
A crowd of 33,217 watched No. 15 Boise State beat Washington 28-26 last year.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Bonneville Media encourages site users to express their opinions by posting comments. Our goal is to maintain a civil dialogue in which readers feel comfortable. At times, the comments can descend to personal attacks. Please do not engage in such behavior. We encourage your thoughtful comments which: have a positive and constructive tone, are on topic, are respectful toward others and their opinions. Bonneville reserves the right to remove comments which do not conform to these criteria.
- Brock Huard
'No way in the world' that Russell Wilson is No. 51
- Bob and Groz
Is replacing Zduriencik the right move for M's?
- John Clayton
Video: Clayton trains for his big moment at Safeco
- Seattle drops 7th straight in 9-5 loss to Texas
- Berkman, Baker power Texas past Seattle 9-5
- Seattle designates Andino calls up Sucre, Triunfel
- With Andino reportedly on waivers and Miller on the move, what's next for the Mariners?
- Law: Zduriencik's seat 'getting hotter by the day'
- Zduriencik says Ackley, Harang staying put for now
- More Seattle Mariners »
- Seattle MF Evans added to US training camp roster
- Johnson scores twice as Sounders beat FC Dallas
- Neagle's two goals lifts Sounders over Earthquakes
- Traore lifts Sounders to 1-0 win over Sporting KC
- Martin lifts Sounders past Rapids 1-0
- Sounders sign former Virginia forward Will Bates
- More Sounders FC »