Updated May 9, 2013 - 3:21 pm
Las Vegas Bowl set for Dec. 21 Saturday 12:30 p.m.
LAS VEGAS (AP) - The 2013 Las Vegas Bowl will be played Dec. 21 on a Saturday afternoon for the second year in a row.
ESPN Regional Television and bowl officials announced Thursday the 22nd annual bowl will kick off at Sam Boyd Stadium at 12:30 p.m. PST.
The matchup to be televised nationally by ABC will feature the top choice from the Mountain West Conference against the fifth pick from the Pac-12.
Dan Hanneke, the bowl's executive director, says they had a tremendous response to playing last year's game on a weekend day and are pleased the calendar will accommodate a similar setup this year.
A crowd of 33,217 watched No. 15 Boise State beat Washington 28-26 last year.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- Zduriencik and McClendon on the Mariners struggle
- Changes coming after the Mariners' 8th straight loss?
- McHugh strikes out 12 as Astros beat Seattle 5-2
- Dominguez homers to lead Astros over Mariners
- Paxton and Walker optimistic they will be cleared to throw this week
- M's coaches on changes needed if transfer rule stays
- More Seattle Mariners »
- Richard Sherman talks race with Harvard students
- Seahawks to open vs. Packers, play 49ers on Thanksgiving
- Seahawks' Russell Wilson files for divorce
- Marcus Trufant to retire as a Seahawk
- Baldwin hoping for long-term deal with Seahawks
- What do the Seahawks have planned for Pryor?
- More Seattle Seahawks »