Updated May 9, 2013 - 3:21 pm
Las Vegas Bowl set for Dec. 21 Saturday 12:30 p.m.
LAS VEGAS (AP) - The 2013 Las Vegas Bowl will be played Dec. 21 on a Saturday afternoon for the second year in a row.
ESPN Regional Television and bowl officials announced Thursday the 22nd annual bowl will kick off at Sam Boyd Stadium at 12:30 p.m. PST.
The matchup to be televised nationally by ABC will feature the top choice from the Mountain West Conference against the fifth pick from the Pac-12.
Dan Hanneke, the bowl's executive director, says they had a tremendous response to playing last year's game on a weekend day and are pleased the calendar will accommodate a similar setup this year.
A crowd of 33,217 watched No. 15 Boise State beat Washington 28-26 last year.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- Shannon Drayer
Pundits weigh in on Mariners' deal with Cano
- Jim Moore
Hawks-49ers will come down to the best team
- Danny O'Neil
Hawks' win would mean a changing of the guard
- Report: Brandon Browner declines lesser suspension
- James Carpenter resumes starting role at left guard
- Seahawks' win would mean a changing of the guard
- Pete Carroll: Seahawks' Percy Harvin out against 49ers
- Brandon Browner sits out Thursday's practice
- Watch a live stream of 'The Huddle'
- More Seattle Seahawks »
- Pundits weigh in on Mariners' deal with Robinson Cano
- Reports: Mariners land Robinson Cano on 10-year deal
- What to make of Cano's meeting with Mariners
- Willie Bloomquist talks about his return and hints at more moves to come
- Mariners' Jack Zduriencik isn't tipping his hand
- Rick Rizzs and Toys for Kids make thousands of area children happy at Christmas
- More Seattle Mariners »