Updated May 9, 2013 - 3:21 pm
Las Vegas Bowl set for Dec. 21 Saturday 12:30 p.m.
LAS VEGAS (AP) - The 2013 Las Vegas Bowl will be played Dec. 21 on a Saturday afternoon for the second year in a row.
ESPN Regional Television and bowl officials announced Thursday the 22nd annual bowl will kick off at Sam Boyd Stadium at 12:30 p.m. PST.
The matchup to be televised nationally by ABC will feature the top choice from the Mountain West Conference against the fifth pick from the Pac-12.
Dan Hanneke, the bowl's executive director, says they had a tremendous response to playing last year's game on a weekend day and are pleased the calendar will accommodate a similar setup this year.
A crowd of 33,217 watched No. 15 Boise State beat Washington 28-26 last year.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- Shannon Drayer
M's notebook: Robinson Cano talk heating up
- The Pete Carroll Show
K.J. Wright stood out in Seahawks' dominant win
- Brady Henderson
Notebook: Avril, Bennett team up for touchdown
- 49ers prepare to stay composed in emotional game
- What we learned from Seahawks' win over Saints
- 12th Man flag to fly high above San Francisco Sunday
- The Pete Carroll Show: Praise for K.J. Wright
- Hawk Talk: Live Seahawks chat with Danny O'Neil
- Seahawks notebook: Avril, Bennett team up for score
- More Seattle Seahawks »
- Mariners notebook: Robinson Cano talk heating up
- Seattle hires Wilson as minor league coach
- Notebook: Mariners close to signing Willie Bloomquist
- Howard Lincoln on the Mariners' search for a president
- What's next in the Mariners' search for a president?
- Mariners President, COO Chuck Armstrong to retire
- More Seattle Mariners »