Updated Nov 29, 2013 - 8:30 pm
E. Washington pulls away from Seattle 82-75
CHENEY, Wash. (AP) - Tyler Harvey scored a career-high 30 points to lead Eastern Washington to an 82-75 win over Seattle Friday night.
EWU (5-2) opened the game on a 19-8 run, but Seattle (3-3) chipped away and got the score to 38-35 at halftime.
The Redhawks turned the tables after halftime, opening on a 12-2 run to take the 47-42 lead. Venky Jois hit a jumper with 12:13 left for the Eagles, tying the game at 52.
The two teams traded buckets until Harvey hit a 3-pointer with 4:56 to give EWU a 70-67 lead it would never relinquish. Seattle cut the lead to 76-74 on an Isiah Umipig 3-pointer, but Ognjen Miljkvoic would answer with a jumper. The Eagles went 4 for 4 from the line in the final seconds to ice the game.
Jois finished 19 points and a game-high 10 rebounds for the Eagles.
Umipig led Seattle with 16 points.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- Seattle 1B Choi banned 50 games for positive test
- Mariners minor leaguer suspended
- Mariners announcer needs signature Robinson Cano call
- Mariners notebook: A surprise in right field
- Mariners notebook: Walker shut down for two weeks
- M's Walker diagnosed with shoulder impingement
- More Seattle Mariners »
- Sidney Rice agrees to one-year deal with Seahawks
- Sidney Rice returns to the Seahawks with reported 1-year-deal
- Video: Seahawks stay mum on Lockette with TMZ paparazzi
- Seahawks with the most to gain: Byron Maxwell
- Seahawks should bring back Sidney Rice at a discount
- Russell Wilson, Seahawks keep busy in offseason California workouts
- More Seattle Seahawks »