Updated Nov 29, 2013 - 8:30 pm
E. Washington pulls away from Seattle 82-75
CHENEY, Wash. (AP) - Tyler Harvey scored a career-high 30 points to lead Eastern Washington to an 82-75 win over Seattle Friday night.
EWU (5-2) opened the game on a 19-8 run, but Seattle (3-3) chipped away and got the score to 38-35 at halftime.
The Redhawks turned the tables after halftime, opening on a 12-2 run to take the 47-42 lead. Venky Jois hit a jumper with 12:13 left for the Eagles, tying the game at 52.
The two teams traded buckets until Harvey hit a 3-pointer with 4:56 to give EWU a 70-67 lead it would never relinquish. Seattle cut the lead to 76-74 on an Isiah Umipig 3-pointer, but Ognjen Miljkvoic would answer with a jumper. The Eagles went 4 for 4 from the line in the final seconds to ice the game.
Jois finished 19 points and a game-high 10 rebounds for the Eagles.
Umipig led Seattle with 16 points.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- Shannon Drayer
What to make of Cano's meeting with Mariners
- Wyman, Mike and Moore
'Russellmania' gets one Seahawk star treatment
- Brock Huard
Chalk Talk: Wilson and Baldwin beat Saints' blitz
- Watch a live stream of 'The Huddle'
- Person of Interest: 49ers' Colin Kaepernick
- 'Russellmania' gets one Seahawk the star treatment
- Seahawks notebook: Percy Harvin held out of practice
- 49ers' Joe Looney takes on key offensive line role
- Chalk Talk: Wilson and Baldwin beat the Saints' blitz
- More Seattle Seahawks »
- Willie Bloomquist talks about his return and hints at more moves to come
- Mariners' Jack Zduriencik isn't tipping his hand
- Rick Rizzs and Toys for Kids make thousands of area children happy at Christmas
- Mariners notebook: Robinson Cano talk heating up
- Seattle hires Wilson as minor league coach
- Notebook: Mariners close to signing Willie Bloomquist
- More Seattle Mariners »