Updated Nov 29, 2013 - 8:30 pm
E. Washington pulls away from Seattle 82-75
CHENEY, Wash. (AP) - Tyler Harvey scored a career-high 30 points to lead Eastern Washington to an 82-75 win over Seattle Friday night.
EWU (5-2) opened the game on a 19-8 run, but Seattle (3-3) chipped away and got the score to 38-35 at halftime.
The Redhawks turned the tables after halftime, opening on a 12-2 run to take the 47-42 lead. Venky Jois hit a jumper with 12:13 left for the Eagles, tying the game at 52.
The two teams traded buckets until Harvey hit a 3-pointer with 4:56 to give EWU a 70-67 lead it would never relinquish. Seattle cut the lead to 76-74 on an Isiah Umipig 3-pointer, but Ognjen Miljkvoic would answer with a jumper. The Eagles went 4 for 4 from the line in the final seconds to ice the game.
Jois finished 19 points and a game-high 10 rebounds for the Eagles.
Umipig led Seattle with 16 points.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- Seahawks should pass on Brandon Browner
- Browner's reinstatement includes four-game ban
- Golden Tate states his case for a nice contract
- Report: Seahawks tender RFA Jeron Johnson
- Russell Wilson's Rangers jersey a top MLB seller
- Seahawks QB Russell Wilson turned down 'Dancing with the Stars'
- More Seattle Seahawks »
- Mariners notebook: McClendon 'anxious' to see Walker
- Mariners notebook: Roster reduced to 55
- 'Cactus League Report' recap and podcast
- Mariners notebook: Taijuan Walker on his way back
- Mariners' outfield defense can be much better in 2014
- Mariners notebook: Seager just about ready for action
- More Seattle Mariners »