Updated Dec 18, 2012 - 9:36 am
Jackson State gets first win, beats Seattle 91-82
Howard was 6 of 10 from 3-point range.
Christian Williams had 10 points and five steals for the Tigers (1-8). Sydney Coleman had nine rebounds.
Seattle led 37-35 at halftime in a game with eight lead changes. Jackson State shot 44.8 percent from the field for the game, while Seattle shot 38.9 percent.
The game was tied at 44 at 16:58. The Tigers took a 46-44 lead when Coleman made a layup at 16:48. From that point, the Tigers remained in the lead, though Seattle came within one several times.
Sterling Carter led Seattle (3-5) with 20 points, including 6 of 7 from 3-point range. Chad Rasmussen and Luiz Bidart had 11 points apiece. D'Vonne Pickett Jr. had 10 points. Deshaun Sunderhaus had 14 rebounds.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- Mariners' Nick Franklin tweets he's been sent down
- Seager's 2 HRs give Seattle 5-3 win over Houston
- Zduriencik and McClendon on the Mariners struggle
- Changes coming after the Mariners' 8th straight loss?
- McHugh strikes out 12 as Astros beat Seattle 5-2
- Dominguez homers to lead Astros over Mariners
- More Seattle Mariners »
- Report: Seahawks exec Scot McCloughan resigns
- Seahawks' Richard Sherman named to Time's list of 100 most influential people
- Seahawks will need a finishing touch in 2014
- Richard Sherman talks race with Harvard students
- Seahawks get Packers Week 1, 49ers on Thanksgiving
- Seahawks' Russell Wilson files for divorce
- More Seattle Seahawks »