Updated Dec 18, 2012 - 9:36 am
Jackson State gets first win, beats Seattle 91-82
Howard was 6 of 10 from 3-point range.
Christian Williams had 10 points and five steals for the Tigers (1-8). Sydney Coleman had nine rebounds.
Seattle led 37-35 at halftime in a game with eight lead changes. Jackson State shot 44.8 percent from the field for the game, while Seattle shot 38.9 percent.
The game was tied at 44 at 16:58. The Tigers took a 46-44 lead when Coleman made a layup at 16:48. From that point, the Tigers remained in the lead, though Seattle came within one several times.
Sterling Carter led Seattle (3-5) with 20 points, including 6 of 7 from 3-point range. Chad Rasmussen and Luiz Bidart had 11 points apiece. D'Vonne Pickett Jr. had 10 points. Deshaun Sunderhaus had 14 rebounds.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- Jim Moore
Rooting against Huskies' Petersen won't be easy
- Bob and Groz
Willson showing why the Seahawks wanted him
- Danny O'Neil
Should the Seahawks have let the 49ers score?
- Luke Willson showing why the Seahawks wanted him
- Hawk Talk: Live Seahawks chat with Danny O'Neil
- Should the Seahawks have let the 49ers score?
- What we learned from the Seahawks' loss to the 49ers
- Seahawks will wait and see with center Max Unger
- 49ers hand out cards telling fans to sit down
- More Seattle Seahawks »
- Zduriencik addresses Wedge's comments, Cano's deal and other potential Mariners moves
- Mariners notes: In defense of Cano's contract
- Mariners notes, links from Day 1 of winter meetings
- Mariners' statement from Zduriencik on Times article
- For Mariners, plenty of work to be done in Orlando
- Ten things you should know about Robinson Cano
- More Seattle Mariners »