Updated Dec 18, 2012 - 9:36 am
Jackson State gets first win, beats Seattle 91-82
Howard was 6 of 10 from 3-point range.
Christian Williams had 10 points and five steals for the Tigers (1-8). Sydney Coleman had nine rebounds.
Seattle led 37-35 at halftime in a game with eight lead changes. Jackson State shot 44.8 percent from the field for the game, while Seattle shot 38.9 percent.
The game was tied at 44 at 16:58. The Tigers took a 46-44 lead when Coleman made a layup at 16:48. From that point, the Tigers remained in the lead, though Seattle came within one several times.
Sterling Carter led Seattle (3-5) with 20 points, including 6 of 7 from 3-point range. Chad Rasmussen and Luiz Bidart had 11 points apiece. D'Vonne Pickett Jr. had 10 points. Deshaun Sunderhaus had 14 rebounds.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- Mariners minor leaguer Ji-Man Choi suspended
- Mariners announcer needs signature Robinson Cano call
- Mariners notebook: A surprise in right field
- Mariners notebook: Walker shut down for two weeks
- M's Walker diagnosed with shoulder impingement
- Mariners promote Nick Franklin; move Morrison to DL
- More Seattle Mariners »
- Sidney Rice agrees to one-year deal with Seahawks
- Sidney Rice returns to the Seahawks with reported 1-year-deal
- Video: Seahawks stay mum on Lockette with TMZ paparazzi
- Seahawks with the most to gain: Byron Maxwell
- Seahawks should bring back Sidney Rice at a discount
- Russell Wilson, Seahawks keep busy in offseason California workouts
- More Seattle Seahawks »