By Shannon Drayer
The 15th Annual Mariners FanFest takes place January 26-27 at Safeco Field. Highlights include the opportunity to:
- Tour the Mariners clubhouse
- Hit against a simulated Felix Hernandez fastball
- Participate in Dugout Dialogs with Mariners players, coaches and front office personnel.
- Take a 200-foot zip line ride through the outfield.
- "Taste of Safeco Field" with executive chef David Decker and guest appearance by Ethan Stowell.
- Run the bases, play catch on the field and hit a pop fly.
- Put themselves inside the iconic image from Felix's perfect game in a "Felixing" photo opportunity.
There are plenty of other attractions including autograph sessions as well. Full details can be found at mariners.com.
Players scheduled to appear include:
- Kyle Seager
- Franklin Gutierrez
- Tom Wilhelmsen
- Jesus Montero
- Michael Saunders
- Brendan Ryan
- Casper Wells
- Carter Capps
- Blake Beavan
Jay Buhner, Dan Wilson, Eric Wedge and Jack Zduriencik will also participate in Dugout Dialogs. Future Stars Mike Zunino, Stefen Romero, Nick Franklin and James Paxton will also attend.
The new video screen, Edgar's Cantina and Lounge and the new outfield wall are still under construction but fans will get to see a hint of what Safeco Field will look like Opening Day.
One final attraction...We will broadcast the Hot Stove League Show from FanFest on Saturday, January 26 from 12-1:30 on the third base side on the main concourse. We will have plenty of guests dropping by and encourage you to do the same if you are there.
Tickets for FanFest can be purchased at mariners.com, Mariners Team Stores or at Safeco Field on the day of events. All kids 14 and younger get in free, Adult tickets are $10. Parking in the Safeco Field Garage can be purchased online in advance for $5 and will be $10 at the door. Northwest Harvest will be collecting food and cash donations at the gates.