SIFF quiz - Can you guess the movie's storyline based on its title?May 7, 2012 @ 10:03 am (Updated: 8:36 am - 5/10/12 )
The Seattle International Film Festival kicks off ten days from now, but until the films start unspooling, we've got lots of time to check out the titles of all 273 feature films.
To get you in the mood, here's a SIFF QUIZ I've put together. Based on the title, can you guess what the movie is about? (Answers at the bottom.)
F*** MY WEDDING - Chile
1) Wedding plans are scrapped when the groom falls for
the maid of honor ... at the altar.
2)Wedding plans are scrapped when the bride realizes her fiance is really more attracted to her brother.
3) Wedding plans are scrapped when the bride's cousin is among the Chilean miners trapped 2300 feet underground.
4) Wedding plans are scrapped when an intern posts an incriminating video of the groom on the Internet.
THE WOMAN IN THE SEPTIC TANK - Philippines
1) A mother of five leads a protest against the open
sewers in a Manila slum.
2) A young Filipino filmmaker makes a movie about the extremes of poverty in order to get accepted into an international film festival.
3) A woman on the run from police is forced to hide in a septic tank for days, until the coast is clear.
4) After a woman squatter gets kicked out of an abandoned house, she
opts for sleeping in a discarded septic tank
MY SUCKY TEEN ROMANCE - USA
1) A teenage girl falls for a boy who turns out to be a
2) A teenage girl dreams of a life like the ones she reads about in romance novels but she's continually let down by the loser boys in her school.
3) A teenage boy takes up poetry, thanks to a crush on his high school English teacher.
4) A teenage girl starts an anonymous gossip blog about the kids in her high school in the hopes of luring the boy of her dreams.
HUNKY DORY (United Kingdom)
1) Three lads at a boarding school turn the tables on a
2) A one-time bully returns to his primary school, this time as a teacher
3) A drama teacher tries to make Shakespeare relevant by adding rock songs to a production of "The Tempest."
4) A profile of KIRO Talk Show host Dori Monson ... in his prime.
GAYBY (SIFF's GAY-LA event)
1) Two childhood friends have a falling out when, in
their teens, one of them confesses he's gay.
2) A Great Gatsby remake with a gay spin. Daisy is a man.
3) A sorority of lesbians challenges a fraternity of gay men in a kind of Gay Olympics.
4) A woman convinces her gay best friend to impregnate her.
Answer key - F*** My Wedding (4), The Woman in the Septic Tank (2), My Sucky Teen Romance (1), Hunky Dory (3), Gayby (4).
Bonneville Media encourages site users to express their opinions by posting comments. Our goal is to maintain a civil dialogue in which readers feel comfortable. At times, the comments can descend to personal attacks. Please do not engage in such behavior. We encourage your thoughtful comments which: have a positive and constructive tone, are on topic, are respectful toward others and their opinions. Bonneville reserves the right to remove comments which do not conform to these criteria.