By 710Sports.com staff
Throughout the day, Don James' former players have called in to 710 ESPN Seattle to remember the legendary former Huskies football coach who died Sunday at age 80. Here's a roundup of the interviews:
• UCLA head coach Jim Mora, who played for and coached under James at Washington, joined "Brock and Danny" to tell some colorful stories about James' motivational style.
• ESPN college football analyst Ed Cunningham, who played center on the Huskies' 1991 national championship team, told "Brock and Danny" about the influence James had on Alabama's Nick Saban and Missouri's Gary Pinkel.
• Former Rams and Panthers front-office executive Tony Softli, a former Huskies linebacker and assistant coach, talked to "Bob and Groz" about how James helped him get a job in the NFL.
• Hall of Famer Warren Moon spoke to "Wyman, Mike and Moore" about James standing behind him as the Huskies' starting quarterback in the late 1970s.
• Fox Sports broadcaster Lincoln Kennedy, a standout offensive tackle on Washington's 1991 title team, recalled to "Wyman, Mike and Moore" how James' coaching style led to his success.
• Former NFL safety Nesby Glasgow told "Wyman, Mike and Moore" about how James helped instill a toughness in him that became a trademark.