Updated Sep 19, 2011 - 11:31 am
2011 Emmys: Best and Worst Dressed
Who let the comedians out of their cages for the 2011 Emmys last night? Whoever did, thank you.
This year's Emmy's was probably the funniest and best-produced show I've seen in a long time. I literally laughed out loud when the nominees for Best Actress in a Comedy Series lined up on stage ala the Miss America pageant. Hilarious.
Leading up to the show was my favorite part of awards season: The illustrious red carpet. The ladies shone in red, the men looked dapper in their suits, and I couldn't take my eyes off of Sofia Vergara's amazing fushia frock.
Here are my picks for best and worst dressed:
Top 5 of the night…
1. Sofia Vergara. Ohmigod. HOW amazing did she look last night? Her hair, makeup and accessories all dazzled, along with her timeless beauty and insane curves. Totally unfair.
2. Kerry Washington. Another amazing red dress by Zhair Murad Couture that glittered beautifully under the stage lights. Classic Hollywood with her red lips, black liner and neat nails.
3. Minka Kelly. Derek Jeter's loss. Seriously. Minka looked stunning in her lace Dior gown. A design that could have been disastrous, but ultimately looked beautiful on her figure.
4. Nina Dobrev. This Donna Karan dress was unbelievable from top to bottom. Loved the scooped neckline and the unique detailing at the bottom.
5. Heidi Klum. Yes, I know there will be some mixed reviews on this one, but in my opinion, Project Runway 4 winner Christian Siriano knocked it out of the park in this taupe masterpiece.
…and the worst!
1. Julianna Margulies. Dear god, what is that? A shower curtain from the 60s? Or something from the set of The Jetsons? Disaster.
2. Alan Cumming. Dude. You're up for an Emmy. And you wear this? Are you performing live in a mariachi band? Or did you steal these from your grandma's closet?
3. Paula Abdul. Clearly this was an old bridesmaid dress from 1986. And why was the sweetheart neckline slightly to the right?
4. Ariel Winter. I'm slightly disturbed that an underage girl is wearing such a revealing dress. All the focus went to her chest. Not okay.
5. Paz de la Huerta. First off, who are you and what are you doing here? Get that white Wet N' Wild lipstick off your lips, smile, and put on something that doesn't look like it's been shredded by rabid raccoons.
Some runner-ups for Best Dressed are Lea Michele (gorgeous as always), Claire Danes and Julie Bowen. Sorry, Gwyneth, you were this close to getting on the Worst Dressed list.
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.