Updated Nov 28, 2012 - 1:43 pm
Sounders to pick up option on Eddie Johnson
Hanauer spoke Tuesday as the Sounders management wrapped up the 2012 season, which ended with a loss to Los Angeles in the Western Conference finals.
Johnson finished with 14 goals in MLS play, 17 in all competitions and was voted the MLS comeback player of the year. Hanauer said Johnson's option is less than designated player level. Johnson's play this year earned him a call up to the U.S. men's national team during World Cup qualifying.
Hanauer said the club will face some significant salary cap issues for the 2013 season because it has less allocation money. He said all options will be on the table to clear salary cap space.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Bonneville Media encourages site users to express their opinions by posting comments. Our goal is to maintain a civil dialogue in which readers feel comfortable. At times, the comments can descend to personal attacks. Please do not engage in such behavior. We encourage your thoughtful comments which: have a positive and constructive tone, are on topic, are respectful toward others and their opinions. Bonneville reserves the right to remove comments which do not conform to these criteria.
- Danny O'Neil
John Moffitt pleads guilty to disorderly conduct
- Brock and Danny
Position aside, who's the Seahawks' best player?
- The John Clayton Show
Sherman wants to change secondary stereotypes
- Video: Updates on Justin Smoak, Dustin Ackley
- Was Henry Blanco's debut the best in M's history?
- A less than pleasant Sunday in Oakland
- Sewage problem puts A's, M's in same locker room
- Iwakuma loses 1st game in 10 starts as A's top M's
- Colon wins 6th straight as A's rout Mariners 10-2
- More Seattle Mariners »
- Seahawks' Moffitt pleads guilty to disorderly conduct
- Seahawks' Earl Thomas is on the cusp of greatness
- Sherman wants to change secondary stereotypes
- On Marshawn Lynch's ranking on NFL's Top 100 list
- Where Seahawks-49ers ranks among NFL rivalries
- 'Hawk Talk' highlights: Tom Cable's coaching future
- More Seattle Seahawks »