Updated Nov 28, 2012 - 1:43 pm
Sounders to pick up option on Eddie Johnson
Hanauer spoke Tuesday as the Sounders management wrapped up the 2012 season, which ended with a loss to Los Angeles in the Western Conference finals.
Johnson finished with 14 goals in MLS play, 17 in all competitions and was voted the MLS comeback player of the year. Hanauer said Johnson's option is less than designated player level. Johnson's play this year earned him a call up to the U.S. men's national team during World Cup qualifying.
Hanauer said the club will face some significant salary cap issues for the 2013 season because it has less allocation money. He said all options will be on the table to clear salary cap space.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- Seahawks' Luke Willson agrees to go to high school prom
- Seahawks keep Michael Bennett with four-year deal
- Report: Seahawks favorites for Michael Bennett
- Trading for Graham would cost the Seahawks a fortune
- Former Seahawks DE Red Bryant signs with Jaguars
- Seahawks give second-round tender to Doug Baldwin
- More Seattle Seahawks »
- Will Miller or Franklin be the M's starting shortstop?
- Mariners' pitchers have a new focus under Waits
- ESPN's Kurkjian: Corey Hart 'crucial' for M's offense
- Notebook: Felix, Seager remember first time they faced
- Paxton says September success gives him confidence
- Mariners notebook: Rodney ready for a strong start
- More Seattle Mariners »