Updated Nov 28, 2012 - 1:43 pm
Sounders to pick up option on Eddie Johnson
Hanauer spoke Tuesday as the Sounders management wrapped up the 2012 season, which ended with a loss to Los Angeles in the Western Conference finals.
Johnson finished with 14 goals in MLS play, 17 in all competitions and was voted the MLS comeback player of the year. Hanauer said Johnson's option is less than designated player level. Johnson's play this year earned him a call up to the U.S. men's national team during World Cup qualifying.
Hanauer said the club will face some significant salary cap issues for the 2013 season because it has less allocation money. He said all options will be on the table to clear salary cap space.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- Jim Moore
Rooting against Huskies' Petersen won't be easy
- Bob and Groz
Willson showing why the Seahawks wanted him
- Danny O'Neil
Should the Seahawks have let the 49ers score?
- Luke Willson showing why the Seahawks wanted him
- Hawk Talk: Live Seahawks chat with Danny O'Neil
- Should the Seahawks have let the 49ers score?
- What we learned from the Seahawks' loss to the 49ers
- Seahawks will wait and see with center Max Unger
- 49ers hand out cards telling fans to sit down
- More Seattle Seahawks »
- Zduriencik addresses Wedge's comments, Cano's deal and other potential Mariners moves
- Mariners notes: In defense of Cano's contract
- Mariners notes, links from Day 1 of winter meetings
- Mariners' statement from Zduriencik on Times article
- For Mariners, plenty of work to be done in Orlando
- Ten things you should know about Robinson Cano
- More Seattle Mariners »