Updated Nov 6, 2012 - 2:27 pm
Sounders' Rosales a question mark for RSL match
Late in Friday's scoreless tie with Real Salt Lake, the Argentine veteran limped off the field with a hamstring injury. MRI results have Sounders coach Sigi Schmid cautiously optimistic that Rosales might be available Thursday night in Utah.
"Mauro went through the early part of the warmup today and then we sent him in with the trainers," Schmid said. "It was definite progress from yesterday. They've been able to localize the injury. We'll see how he feels tomorrow and day by day."
Seattle should have leading scorer Eddie Johnson back in the starting 11 for this crucial match. Johnson was held out of the first contest after tweaking his hamstring in the regular-season finale.
The Sounders have yet to score a goal against RSL in four meetings this season. They had several fantastic chances last Friday but were turned away by some incredible work by keeper Nick Rimando.
Players' health and fitness are factors when Schmid creates his final lineup, especially knowing the match could go into overtime or even penalty kicks.
"You have to think about starting people who have the capability of going 90-plus minutes," Schmid said. "If you don't you're locked into some subs, and if someone is injured you're in some trouble."
First kick has been moved to 7 p.m. for national television. Ross Fletcher and Kasey Keller will call the action on KIRO Radio 97.3 FM.
Follow Bill Swartz, 710 ESPN Seattle
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- Shannon Drayer
What to make of Cano's meeting with Mariners
- Wyman, Mike and Moore
'Russellmania' gets one Seahawk star treatment
- Brock Huard
Chalk Talk: Wilson and Baldwin beat Saints' blitz
- Watch a live stream of 'The Huddle'
- Person of Interest: 49ers' Colin Kaepernick
- 'Russellmania' gets one Seahawk the star treatment
- Seahawks notebook: Percy Harvin held out of practice
- 49ers' Joe Looney takes on key offensive line role
- Chalk Talk: Wilson and Baldwin beat the Saints' blitz
- More Seattle Seahawks »
- Willie Bloomquist talks about his return and hints at more moves to come
- Mariners' Jack Zduriencik isn't tipping his hand
- Rick Rizzs and Toys for Kids make thousands of area children happy at Christmas
- Mariners notebook: Robinson Cano talk heating up
- Seattle hires Wilson as minor league coach
- Notebook: Mariners close to signing Willie Bloomquist
- More Seattle Mariners »