Updated Nov 6, 2012 - 2:27 pm
Sounders' Rosales a question mark for RSL match
Late in Friday's scoreless tie with Real Salt Lake, the Argentine veteran limped off the field with a hamstring injury. MRI results have Sounders coach Sigi Schmid cautiously optimistic that Rosales might be available Thursday night in Utah.
"Mauro went through the early part of the warmup today and then we sent him in with the trainers," Schmid said. "It was definite progress from yesterday. They've been able to localize the injury. We'll see how he feels tomorrow and day by day."
Seattle should have leading scorer Eddie Johnson back in the starting 11 for this crucial match. Johnson was held out of the first contest after tweaking his hamstring in the regular-season finale.
The Sounders have yet to score a goal against RSL in four meetings this season. They had several fantastic chances last Friday but were turned away by some incredible work by keeper Nick Rimando.
Players' health and fitness are factors when Schmid creates his final lineup, especially knowing the match could go into overtime or even penalty kicks.
"You have to think about starting people who have the capability of going 90-plus minutes," Schmid said. "If you don't you're locked into some subs, and if someone is injured you're in some trouble."
First kick has been moved to 7 p.m. for national television. Ross Fletcher and Kasey Keller will call the action on KIRO Radio 97.3 FM.
Follow Bill Swartz, 710 ESPN Seattle
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- Danny O'Neil
Should the Seahawks have let the 49ers score?
- The Pete Carroll Show
Surgery upcoming for Seahawks' K.J. Wright
- Shannon Drayer
M's should be busy at baseball's winter meetings
- Should the Seahawks have let the 49ers score?
- What we learned from the Seahawks' loss to the 49ers
- Seahawks will wait and see with center Max Unger
- 49ers hand out cards telling fans to sit down
- Seahawks' K.J. Wright to have surgery on broken foot
- Seahawks burned again by 49ers' Frank Gore
- More Seattle Seahawks »
- Mariners' statement from Zduriencik on Times article
- For Mariners, plenty of work to be done in Orlando
- Ten things you should know about Robinson Cano
- Pundits weigh in on Mariners' deal with Robinson Cano
- Reports: Mariners land Robinson Cano on 10-year deal
- What to make of Cano's meeting with Mariners
- More Seattle Mariners »