Updated Jan 10, 2013 - 5:16 pm
Sounders loaning Montero to Colombian team
In a statement Thursday, Hanauer says they hope to have the transaction completed in the next few days.
Montero has been with Seattle since its first game as an expansion franchise in 2009. He's the club's all-time leading scorer with 60 goals and 43 assists in 160 games played. But Montero has not played well in the MLS playoffs.
On his Twitter account Wednesday, Montero posted a note thanking Seattle's fans and the organization, saying, "I will be back one day."
The loan would leave two designated players on Seattle's roster: midfielders Mauro Rosales and Christian Tiffert.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- Jim Moore
Rooting against Huskies' Petersen won't be easy
- Bob and Groz
Willson showing why the Seahawks wanted him
- Danny O'Neil
Should the Seahawks have let the 49ers score?
- Luke Willson showing why the Seahawks wanted him
- Hawk Talk: Live Seahawks chat with Danny O'Neil
- Should the Seahawks have let the 49ers score?
- What we learned from the Seahawks' loss to the 49ers
- Seahawks will wait and see with center Max Unger
- 49ers hand out cards telling fans to sit down
- More Seattle Seahawks »
- Zduriencik addresses Wedge's comments, Cano's deal and other potential Mariners moves
- Mariners notes: In defense of Cano's contract
- Mariners notes, links from Day 1 of winter meetings
- Mariners' statement from Zduriencik on Times article
- For Mariners, plenty of work to be done in Orlando
- Ten things you should know about Robinson Cano
- More Seattle Mariners »