Updated Jan 10, 2013 - 5:16 pm
Sounders loaning Montero to Colombian team
In a statement Thursday, Hanauer says they hope to have the transaction completed in the next few days.
Montero has been with Seattle since its first game as an expansion franchise in 2009. He's the club's all-time leading scorer with 60 goals and 43 assists in 160 games played. But Montero has not played well in the MLS playoffs.
On his Twitter account Wednesday, Montero posted a note thanking Seattle's fans and the organization, saying, "I will be back one day."
The loan would leave two designated players on Seattle's roster: midfielders Mauro Rosales and Christian Tiffert.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- Mariners' Nick Franklin tweets he's been sent down
- Seager's 2 HRs give Seattle 5-3 win over Houston
- Zduriencik and McClendon on the Mariners struggle
- Changes coming after the Mariners' 8th straight loss?
- McHugh strikes out 12 as Astros beat Seattle 5-2
- Dominguez homers to lead Astros over Mariners
- More Seattle Mariners »
- Report: Seahawks exec Scot McCloughan resigns
- Seahawks' Richard Sherman named to Time's list of 100 most influential people
- Seahawks will need a finishing touch in 2014
- Richard Sherman talks race with Harvard students
- Seahawks get Packers Week 1, 49ers on Thanksgiving
- Seahawks' Russell Wilson files for divorce
- More Seattle Seahawks »