Updated Jan 10, 2013 - 5:16 pm
Sounders loaning Montero to Colombian team
In a statement Thursday, Hanauer says they hope to have the transaction completed in the next few days.
Montero has been with Seattle since its first game as an expansion franchise in 2009. He's the club's all-time leading scorer with 60 goals and 43 assists in 160 games played. But Montero has not played well in the MLS playoffs.
On his Twitter account Wednesday, Montero posted a note thanking Seattle's fans and the organization, saying, "I will be back one day."
The loan would leave two designated players on Seattle's roster: midfielders Mauro Rosales and Christian Tiffert.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- Brady Henderson
Seahawks burned again by 49ers' Frank Gore
- Brady Henderson
Seahawks notebook: Penalties add up in loss
- Shannon Drayer
Pundits weigh in on Mariners' deal with Cano
- 5 things to know after 49ers edge Seahawks 19-17
- Seahawks' slugfest loss an example of what to expect
- Seahawks notebook: 'The penalties, they killed us'
- Column: Road to Super Bowl still through Seattle
- 49ers edge Seahawks 19-17 after late field goal
- Seahawks missing Percy Harvin as expected
- More Seattle Seahawks »
- Ten things you should know about Robinson Cano
- Pundits weigh in on Mariners' deal with Robinson Cano
- Reports: Mariners land Robinson Cano on 10-year deal
- What to make of Cano's meeting with Mariners
- Willie Bloomquist talks about his return and hints at more moves to come
- Mariners' Jack Zduriencik isn't tipping his hand
- More Seattle Mariners »