Updated Jan 10, 2013 - 5:16 pm
Sounders loaning Montero to Colombian team
In a statement Thursday, Hanauer says they hope to have the transaction completed in the next few days.
Montero has been with Seattle since its first game as an expansion franchise in 2009. He's the club's all-time leading scorer with 60 goals and 43 assists in 160 games played. But Montero has not played well in the MLS playoffs.
On his Twitter account Wednesday, Montero posted a note thanking Seattle's fans and the organization, saying, "I will be back one day."
The loan would leave two designated players on Seattle's roster: midfielders Mauro Rosales and Christian Tiffert.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- Seahawks with the most to gain: Christine Michael
- Sidney Rice agrees to one-year deal with Seahawks
- Sidney Rice returns to the Seahawks with reported 1-year-deal
- Video: Seahawks stay mum on Lockette with TMZ paparazzi
- Seahawks with the most to gain: Byron Maxwell
- Seahawks should bring back Sidney Rice at a discount
- More Seattle Seahawks »