Updated Dec 11, 2013 - 3:55 pm
Seattle sends Rosales to Chivas for Bowen
Seattle also acquired Chivas' No. 2 allocation ranking when the deal was finalized Wednesday. Chivas will receive Seattle's No. 13 allocation ranking.
Rosales was a designated player for Seattle the past two seasons and was the MLS newcomer of the year in 2011. The playmaking midfielder had 13 assists each in the 2011 and 2012 seasons, but fell out of the Sounders' regular starting lineup during the 2013 season. He also struggled with nagging injuries during his Seattle career.
Rosales started 26 of 33 MLS games in 2013 and had four goals and eight assists.
Bowen appeared in 22 games last season for Chivas and scored two goals.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- Mariners' Nick Franklin tweets he's been sent down
- Seager's 2 HRs give Seattle 5-3 win over Houston
- Zduriencik and McClendon on the Mariners struggle
- Changes coming after the Mariners' 8th straight loss?
- McHugh strikes out 12 as Astros beat Seattle 5-2
- Dominguez homers to lead Astros over Mariners
- More Seattle Mariners »
- Why just 1 prime-time home game for the Seahawks?
- Seahawks with the most to gain: Greg Scruggs
- Report: Seahawks exec Scot McCloughan resigns
- Seahawks' Richard Sherman named to Time's list of 100 most influential people
- Seahawks will need a finishing touch in 2014
- Richard Sherman talks race with Harvard students
- More Seattle Seahawks »