Updated Dec 11, 2013 - 3:55 pm
Seattle sends Rosales to Chivas for Bowen
Seattle also acquired Chivas' No. 2 allocation ranking when the deal was finalized Wednesday. Chivas will receive Seattle's No. 13 allocation ranking.
Rosales was a designated player for Seattle the past two seasons and was the MLS newcomer of the year in 2011. The playmaking midfielder had 13 assists each in the 2011 and 2012 seasons, but fell out of the Sounders' regular starting lineup during the 2013 season. He also struggled with nagging injuries during his Seattle career.
Rosales started 26 of 33 MLS games in 2013 and had four goals and eight assists.
Bowen appeared in 22 games last season for Chivas and scored two goals.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- Changes coming after the Mariners' 8th straight loss?
- McHugh strikes out 12 as Astros beat Seattle 5-2
- Dominguez homers to lead Astros over Mariners
- Paxton and Walker optimistic they will be cleared to throw this week
- M's coaches on changes needed if transfer rule stays
- Mariners notebook: Brad Miller gets his first day off
- More Seattle Mariners »
- Richard Sherman talks race with Harvard students
- Seahawks to open vs. Packers, play 49ers on Thanksgiving
- Seahawks' Russell Wilson files for divorce
- Marcus Trufant to retire as a Seahawk
- Baldwin hoping for long-term deal with Seahawks
- What do the Seahawks have planned for Pryor?
- More Seattle Seahawks »