Updated Apr 19, 2013 - 4:28 pm
Sounders sign former Virginia forward Will Bates
The 22-year-old Bates, selected fifth overall in January in the supplemental draft, had 46 goals in 77 games in four seasons at Virginia.
"Will is dangerous in the box and always plays hard," Sounders sporting director Chris Henderson said. "He can score with both feet and with his head. He provides us with depth at forward."
Duran didn't make an appearance for the Sounders and spent part of last season on loan to the Atlanta Silverbacks of the North American Soccer League.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- Former Seahawks DE Red Bryant signs with Jaguars
- Seahawks give second-round tender to Doug Baldwin
- Reports: Michael Bennett to test free agency
- Seahawks should pass on Brandon Browner
- Browner's reinstatement includes four-game ban
- Golden Tate states his case for a nice contract
- More Seattle Seahawks »
- Paxton says September success gives him confidence
- Mariners notebook: Rodney ready for a strong start
- John Stearns puts Mariners first and steps down
- Walker plays catch, expects to throw again Friday
- Mariners notebook: McClendon 'anxious' to see Walker
- Mariners notebook: Roster reduced to 55
- More Seattle Mariners »