Updated Apr 19, 2013 - 4:28 pm
Sounders sign former Virginia forward Will Bates
The 22-year-old Bates, selected fifth overall in January in the supplemental draft, had 46 goals in 77 games in four seasons at Virginia.
"Will is dangerous in the box and always plays hard," Sounders sporting director Chris Henderson said. "He can score with both feet and with his head. He provides us with depth at forward."
Duran didn't make an appearance for the Sounders and spent part of last season on loan to the Atlanta Silverbacks of the North American Soccer League.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- Zduriencik and McClendon on the Mariners struggle
- Changes coming after the Mariners' 8th straight loss?
- McHugh strikes out 12 as Astros beat Seattle 5-2
- Dominguez homers to lead Astros over Mariners
- Paxton and Walker optimistic they will be cleared to throw this week
- M's coaches on changes needed if transfer rule stays
- More Seattle Mariners »
- Richard Sherman talks race with Harvard students
- Seahawks to open vs. Packers, play 49ers on Thanksgiving
- Seahawks' Russell Wilson files for divorce
- Marcus Trufant to retire as a Seahawk
- Baldwin hoping for long-term deal with Seahawks
- What do the Seahawks have planned for Pryor?
- More Seattle Seahawks »