Updated Jun 5, 2013 - 2:04 pm
Seattle's Martins has red card rescinded
Major League Soccer announced the decision on Wednesday. Martins was originally given a red card in the 71st minute of last Saturday's 2-0 win over Chivas USA by referee Ricardo Salazar. Martins was ejected for his foul on Chivas midfielder Gabriel Farfan, but the Sounders appealed and the fine and one-game suspension were rescinded.
Martins, who scored earlier in the win over Chivas, has four goals in seven games this season for Seattle.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- M's Walker diagnosed with shoulder impingement
- Mariners promote Nick Franklin; move Morrison to DL
- Don't expect to see big changes in M's lineup soon
- M's notebook: Walker scratched from Tacoma start
- Mariners add run on replay, beat Rangers 7-1
- M's notebook: Why not move Ackley up in lineup?
- More Seattle Mariners »
- Sidney Rice returns to the Seahawks with reported 1-year-deal
- Video: Seahawks stay mum on Lockette with TMZ paparazzi
- Seahawks with the most to gain: No. 4, Byron Maxwell
- Seahawks should bring back Sidney Rice at a discount
- Russell Wilson, Seahawks keep busy in offseason California workouts
- Report: Seahawks' Lockette made 911 call
- More Seattle Seahawks »