Updated Jun 5, 2013 - 2:04 pm
Seattle's Martins has red card rescinded
Major League Soccer announced the decision on Wednesday. Martins was originally given a red card in the 71st minute of last Saturday's 2-0 win over Chivas USA by referee Ricardo Salazar. Martins was ejected for his foul on Chivas midfielder Gabriel Farfan, but the Sounders appealed and the fine and one-game suspension were rescinded.
Martins, who scored earlier in the win over Chivas, has four goals in seven games this season for Seattle.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- Former Seahawks DE Red Bryant signs with Jaguars
- Seahawks give second-round tender to Doug Baldwin
- Reports: Michael Bennett to test free agency
- Seahawks should pass on Brandon Browner
- Browner's reinstatement includes four-game ban
- Golden Tate states his case for a nice contract
- More Seattle Seahawks »
- ESPN's Kurkjian: Corey Hart 'crucial' for M's offense
- Notebook: Felix, Seager remember first time they faced
- Paxton says September success gives him confidence
- Mariners notebook: Rodney ready for a strong start
- John Stearns puts Mariners first and steps down
- Walker plays catch, expects to throw again Friday
- More Seattle Mariners »