Updated Jul 15, 2013 - 2:26 pm
Sounders' Yedlin named an MLS All-Star
Sounders defender DeAndre Yedlin, the team's first "Homegrown Player," was named to the MLS All-Star roster Monday.
The 20-year-old defender is the Sounders' lone representative on the All-Star team this season. An alum of O'Dea High School, he played in the Sounders FC Academy and U-23 programs.
Yedlin has started 13 of the Sounders' 17 matches in 2013, logging 1,180 minutes on the pitch.
The MLS All-Stars will play AS Roma at Sporting Park in Kansas City on July 31.
The Sounders are 7-7-3 and are tied for seventh place in the nine-team MLS Western Conference with 24 points. Their next match is 1 p.m. Saturday at home against the Colorado Rapids.
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- Seager's 2 HRs give Seattle 5-3 win over Houston
- Zduriencik and McClendon on the Mariners struggle
- Changes coming after the Mariners' 8th straight loss?
- McHugh strikes out 12 as Astros beat Seattle 5-2
- Dominguez homers to lead Astros over Mariners
- Paxton and Walker optimistic they will be cleared to throw this week
- More Seattle Mariners »