Updated Jul 15, 2013 - 2:26 pm
Sounders' Yedlin named an MLS All-Star
Sounders defender DeAndre Yedlin, the team's first "Homegrown Player," was named to the MLS All-Star roster Monday.
The 20-year-old defender is the Sounders' lone representative on the All-Star team this season. An alum of O'Dea High School, he played in the Sounders FC Academy and U-23 programs.
Yedlin has started 13 of the Sounders' 17 matches in 2013, logging 1,180 minutes on the pitch.
The MLS All-Stars will play AS Roma at Sporting Park in Kansas City on July 31.
The Sounders are 7-7-3 and are tied for seventh place in the nine-team MLS Western Conference with 24 points. Their next match is 1 p.m. Saturday at home against the Colorado Rapids.
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- M's Walker diagnosed with shoulder impingement
- Mariners promote Nick Franklin; move Morrison to DL
- Don't expect to see big changes in M's lineup soon
- M's notebook: Walker scratched from Tacoma start
- Mariners add run on replay, beat Rangers 7-1
- M's notebook: Why not move Ackley up in lineup?
- More Seattle Mariners »
- Sidney Rice returns to the Seahawks with reported 1-year-deal
- Video: Seahawks stay mum on Lockette with TMZ paparazzi
- Seahawks with the most to gain: No. 4, Byron Maxwell
- Seahawks should bring back Sidney Rice at a discount
- Russell Wilson, Seahawks keep busy in offseason California workouts
- Report: Seahawks' Lockette made 911 call
- More Seattle Seahawks »