Updated Jul 15, 2013 - 2:26 pm
Sounders' Yedlin named an MLS All-Star
Sounders defender DeAndre Yedlin, the team's first "Homegrown Player," was named to the MLS All-Star roster Monday.
The 20-year-old defender is the Sounders' lone representative on the All-Star team this season. An alum of O'Dea High School, he played in the Sounders FC Academy and U-23 programs.
Yedlin has started 13 of the Sounders' 17 matches in 2013, logging 1,180 minutes on the pitch.
The MLS All-Stars will play AS Roma at Sporting Park in Kansas City on July 31.
The Sounders are 7-7-3 and are tied for seventh place in the nine-team MLS Western Conference with 24 points. Their next match is 1 p.m. Saturday at home against the Colorado Rapids.
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- Wyman, Mike and Moore
'Russellmania' gets one Seahawk star treatment
- Brock Huard
Chalk Talk: Wilson and Baldwin beat Saints' blitz
- Shannon Drayer
Mariners' Jack Zduriencik isn't tipping his hand
- 'Russellmania' gets one Seahawk the star treatment
- Seahawks notebook: Percy Harvin held out of practice
- 49ers' Joe Looney takes on key offensive line role
- Chalk Talk: Wilson and Baldwin beat the Saints' blitz
- 49ers remind fans about 'home field advantage plan'
- 49ers prepare to stay composed in emotional game
- More Seattle Seahawks »
- Rick Rizzs and Toys for Kids make thousands of area children happy at Christmas
- Mariners notebook: Robinson Cano talk heating up
- Seattle hires Wilson as minor league coach
- Notebook: Mariners close to signing Willie Bloomquist
- Howard Lincoln on the Mariners' search for a president
- What's next in the Mariners' search for a president?
- More Seattle Mariners »