Updated Dec 10, 2013 - 9:21 am
Seattle declines option on GK Gspurning
The Sounders announced the decision on Monday.
The 2013 season was Gspurning's second with the club. He was a finalist for MLS goalkeeper of the year in 2012, but by the end of the 2013 season had lost his starting job on a regular basis. The Sounders used backup Marcus Hahnemann as their starter for a few games late in the year as Gspurning struggled with consistency.
The 32-year-old Austrian came to Seattle from Skoda Xanthi in the Greek Super League in December 2011.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- Dominguez homers to lead Astros over Mariners
- Paxton and Walker optimistic they will be cleared to throw this week
- M's coaches on changes needed if transfer rule stays
- Mariners notebook: Brad Miller gets his first day off
- M's notebook: Updates on Iwakuma, Paxton and more
- Maurer to start for Mariners on Sunday
- More Seattle Mariners »
- What do the Seahawks have planned for Pryor?
- Seahawks' preseason dates, times announced
- Seahawks' Zach Miller glad to be back after pay cut
- Seahawks Russell Wilson most popular pro athlete in Washington state
- 3 thoughts on the Seahawks' trade for Terrelle Pryor
- Nevada man sues Seahawks, NFL for $50 million over limiting playoff ticket sales
- More Seattle Seahawks »