Updated Dec 10, 2013 - 9:21 am
Seattle declines option on GK Gspurning
The Sounders announced the decision on Monday.
The 2013 season was Gspurning's second with the club. He was a finalist for MLS goalkeeper of the year in 2012, but by the end of the 2013 season had lost his starting job on a regular basis. The Sounders used backup Marcus Hahnemann as their starter for a few games late in the year as Gspurning struggled with consistency.
The 32-year-old Austrian came to Seattle from Skoda Xanthi in the Greek Super League in December 2011.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- Former Seahawks DE Red Bryant signs with Jaguars
- Seahawks give second-round tender to Doug Baldwin
- Reports: Michael Bennett to test free agency
- Seahawks should pass on Brandon Browner
- Browner's reinstatement includes four-game ban
- Golden Tate states his case for a nice contract
- More Seattle Seahawks »
- Paxton says September success gives him confidence
- Mariners notebook: Rodney ready for a strong start
- John Stearns puts Mariners first and steps down
- Walker plays catch, expects to throw again Friday
- Mariners notebook: McClendon 'anxious' to see Walker
- Mariners notebook: Roster reduced to 55
- More Seattle Mariners »