Updated Dec 10, 2013 - 2:07 pm
Sounders acquire GK Frei from Toronto in trade
Tuesday's trade came a day after the Sounders declined their 2014 contract option on goalkeeper Michael Gspurning.
The 27-year Frei was Toronto's career leader in appearances and had spent more time on the club than any other player. He missed most of the past two seasons with injuries, including a broken lower leg in 2012. He has played in just one MLS game the past two seasons.
Frei has a 1.54 goals-against average in 82 MLS regular-season starts. He was Toronto's first-round pick of the 2009 MLS SuperDraft, and he played in college at California.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- Former Seahawks DE Red Bryant signs with Jaguars
- Seahawks give second-round tender to Doug Baldwin
- Reports: Michael Bennett to test free agency
- Seahawks should pass on Brandon Browner
- Browner's reinstatement includes four-game ban
- Golden Tate states his case for a nice contract
- More Seattle Seahawks »
- Paxton says September success gives him confidence
- Mariners notebook: Rodney ready for a strong start
- John Stearns puts Mariners first and steps down
- Walker plays catch, expects to throw again Friday
- Mariners notebook: McClendon 'anxious' to see Walker
- Mariners notebook: Roster reduced to 55
- More Seattle Mariners »