Updated Dec 10, 2013 - 2:07 pm
Sounders acquire GK Frei from Toronto in trade
Tuesday's trade came a day after the Sounders declined their 2014 contract option on goalkeeper Michael Gspurning.
The 27-year Frei was Toronto's career leader in appearances and had spent more time on the club than any other player. He missed most of the past two seasons with injuries, including a broken lower leg in 2012. He has played in just one MLS game the past two seasons.
Frei has a 1.54 goals-against average in 82 MLS regular-season starts. He was Toronto's first-round pick of the 2009 MLS SuperDraft, and he played in college at California.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- Seattle 1B Choi banned 50 games for positive test
- Mariners minor leaguer suspended
- Mariners announcer needs signature Robinson Cano call
- Mariners notebook: A surprise in right field
- Mariners notebook: Walker shut down for two weeks
- M's Walker diagnosed with shoulder impingement
- More Seattle Mariners »
- Sidney Rice agrees to one-year deal with Seahawks
- Sidney Rice returns to the Seahawks with reported 1-year-deal
- Video: Seahawks stay mum on Lockette with TMZ paparazzi
- Seahawks with the most to gain: Byron Maxwell
- Seahawks should bring back Sidney Rice at a discount
- Russell Wilson, Seahawks keep busy in offseason California workouts
- More Seattle Seahawks »