Updated Dec 12, 2013 - 3:40 pm
Timbers select Zakuani in MLS re-entry draft
Portland sent the No. 17 selection and defender Andrew Jean-Baptiste to Chivas USA on Thursday for the No. 2 pick and midfielder/defender Jorge Villafana.
Zakuani has played for the rival Seattle Sounders since he was the top pick in the 2009 MLS SuperDraft. He has appeared in 80 regular-season matches, with 17 goals and 14 assists.
Zakuani played for Timbers coach Caleb Porter at the University of Akron and led the nation in scoring with 20 goals and 47 points as a sophomore.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- Seahawks with the most to gain: Christine Michael
- Sidney Rice agrees to one-year deal with Seahawks
- Sidney Rice returns to the Seahawks with reported 1-year-deal
- Video: Seahawks stay mum on Lockette with TMZ paparazzi
- Seahawks with the most to gain: Byron Maxwell
- Seahawks should bring back Sidney Rice at a discount
- More Seattle Seahawks »