Updated Dec 13, 2013 - 3:25 pm
Seattle acquires Cooper from Dallas for Moffat
It was the fourth major move by Seattle this week after acquiring goalkeeper Stefan Frei from Toronto, forward Tristan Bowen from Chivas USA and defender Chad Marshall from Columbus. Seattle also received allocation money from Dallas.
Cooper, 29, has made 188 career appearances since joining MLS in 2006 and has 72 goals and 16 assists. Last season for Dallas, Cooper had six goals and started 19 of 31 games played.
Moffat, 27, had a brief stint in Seattle. He joined the Sounders via trade with Houston in September. He made six appearances and four regular season starts for Seattle and started all three playoff games.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- Former Seahawks DE Red Bryant signs with Jaguars
- Seahawks give second-round tender to Doug Baldwin
- Reports: Michael Bennett to test free agency
- Seahawks should pass on Brandon Browner
- Browner's reinstatement includes four-game ban
- Golden Tate states his case for a nice contract
- More Seattle Seahawks »
- Paxton says September success gives him confidence
- Mariners notebook: Rodney ready for a strong start
- John Stearns puts Mariners first and steps down
- Walker plays catch, expects to throw again Friday
- Mariners notebook: McClendon 'anxious' to see Walker
- Mariners notebook: Roster reduced to 55
- More Seattle Mariners »