Updated Dec 13, 2013 - 3:25 pm
Seattle acquires Cooper from Dallas for Moffat
It was the fourth major move by Seattle this week after acquiring goalkeeper Stefan Frei from Toronto, forward Tristan Bowen from Chivas USA and defender Chad Marshall from Columbus. Seattle also received allocation money from Dallas.
Cooper, 29, has made 188 career appearances since joining MLS in 2006 and has 72 goals and 16 assists. Last season for Dallas, Cooper had six goals and started 19 of 31 games played.
Moffat, 27, had a brief stint in Seattle. He joined the Sounders via trade with Houston in September. He made six appearances and four regular season starts for Seattle and started all three playoff games.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- Seahawks with the most to gain: Christine Michael
- Sidney Rice agrees to one-year deal with Seahawks
- Sidney Rice returns to the Seahawks with reported 1-year-deal
- Video: Seahawks stay mum on Lockette with TMZ paparazzi
- Seahawks with the most to gain: Byron Maxwell
- Seahawks should bring back Sidney Rice at a discount
- More Seattle Seahawks »