Updated Dec 19, 2013 - 4:47 pm
Seattle reaches contract agreement with Cooper
The Sounders announced the signing on Thursday. Terms of the deal were not released by the club.
Seattle acquired Cooper last week in a trade with FC Dallas in exchange for midfielder Adam Moffat. Seattle also received allocation money from Dallas.
Cooper, 29, has made 188 career appearances since joining MLS in 2006 and has 72 goals and 16 assists. Last season for Dallas, Cooper had six goals and started 19 of 31 games played. Seattle is hoping Cooper can return to his form of two seasons ago with New York when he scored 18 goals in 33 games for the Red Bulls.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- Seahawks should pass on Brandon Browner
- Browner's reinstatement includes four-game ban
- Golden Tate states his case for a nice contract
- Report: Seahawks tender RFA Jeron Johnson
- Russell Wilson's Rangers jersey a top MLB seller
- Seahawks QB Russell Wilson turned down 'Dancing with the Stars'
- More Seattle Seahawks »
- Mariners notebook: McClendon 'anxious' to see Walker
- Mariners notebook: Roster reduced to 55
- 'Cactus League Report' recap and podcast
- Mariners notebook: Taijuan Walker on his way back
- Mariners' outfield defense can be much better in 2014
- Mariners notebook: Seager just about ready for action
- More Seattle Mariners »