Updated Dec 19, 2013 - 4:47 pm
Seattle reaches contract agreement with Cooper
The Sounders announced the signing on Thursday. Terms of the deal were not released by the club.
Seattle acquired Cooper last week in a trade with FC Dallas in exchange for midfielder Adam Moffat. Seattle also received allocation money from Dallas.
Cooper, 29, has made 188 career appearances since joining MLS in 2006 and has 72 goals and 16 assists. Last season for Dallas, Cooper had six goals and started 19 of 31 games played. Seattle is hoping Cooper can return to his form of two seasons ago with New York when he scored 18 goals in 33 games for the Red Bulls.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- Changes coming after the Mariners' 8th straight loss?
- McHugh strikes out 12 as Astros beat Seattle 5-2
- Dominguez homers to lead Astros over Mariners
- Paxton and Walker optimistic they will be cleared to throw this week
- M's coaches on changes needed if transfer rule stays
- Mariners notebook: Brad Miller gets his first day off
- More Seattle Mariners »