Updated Dec 19, 2013 - 4:47 pm
Seattle reaches contract agreement with Cooper
The Sounders announced the signing on Thursday. Terms of the deal were not released by the club.
Seattle acquired Cooper last week in a trade with FC Dallas in exchange for midfielder Adam Moffat. Seattle also received allocation money from Dallas.
Cooper, 29, has made 188 career appearances since joining MLS in 2006 and has 72 goals and 16 assists. Last season for Dallas, Cooper had six goals and started 19 of 31 games played. Seattle is hoping Cooper can return to his form of two seasons ago with New York when he scored 18 goals in 33 games for the Red Bulls.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- Seattle 1B Choi banned 50 games for positive test
- Mariners minor leaguer suspended
- Mariners announcer needs signature Robinson Cano call
- Mariners notebook: A surprise in right field
- Mariners notebook: Walker shut down for two weeks
- M's Walker diagnosed with shoulder impingement
- More Seattle Mariners »
- Sidney Rice agrees to one-year deal with Seahawks
- Sidney Rice returns to the Seahawks with reported 1-year-deal
- Video: Seahawks stay mum on Lockette with TMZ paparazzi
- Seahawks with the most to gain: Byron Maxwell
- Seahawks should bring back Sidney Rice at a discount
- Russell Wilson, Seahawks keep busy in offseason California workouts
- More Seattle Seahawks »