Updated Dec 24, 2013 - 11:07 am
Sounders and Fulham complete loan for Dempsey
TUKWILA, Wash. (AP) - U.S. national team captain Clint Dempsey will be returning to Fulham on a two-month loan from the Seattle Sounders.
Dempsey passed a medical test with the Cottagers last week, and the loan was completed Tuesday. No dates were announced for when Dempsey would join Fulham or return to Seattle. But the expectation is he would come back before the Sounders opener in March against defending MLS champion Sporting Kansas City.
Dempsey scored 60 goals in 225 games for Fulham from 2007-12, including 50 goals in 184 Premier League matches. He spent a season at Tottenham before moving to Major League Soccer in August and joining the Sounders. Dempsey appeared in 12 games for Seattle and finished with a disappointing one goal and one assist in his first season back in MLS.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- Seattle 1B Choi banned 50 games for positive test
- Mariners minor leaguer suspended
- Mariners announcer needs signature Robinson Cano call
- Mariners notebook: A surprise in right field
- Mariners notebook: Walker shut down for two weeks
- M's Walker diagnosed with shoulder impingement
- More Seattle Mariners »
- Sidney Rice agrees to one-year deal with Seahawks
- Sidney Rice returns to the Seahawks with reported 1-year-deal
- Video: Seahawks stay mum on Lockette with TMZ paparazzi
- Seahawks with the most to gain: Byron Maxwell
- Seahawks should bring back Sidney Rice at a discount
- Russell Wilson, Seahawks keep busy in offseason California workouts
- More Seattle Seahawks »