Updated Dec 30, 2013 - 6:18 pm
Sounders to host Tottenham in summer friendly
TUKWILA, Wash. (AP) - The Seattle Sounders will host Premier League club Tottenham Hotspur in a summer exhibition match.
Seattle announced the friendly on Monday, adding to an impressive list of exhibitions the Sounders have hosted. The match will take place on July 19, less than a week after the conclusion of the World Cup.
This will be Seattle's first exhibition match since 2012 after not hosting a friendly last season. Seattle hosted Chelsea in 2012, Manchester United in 2011, and both Chelsea and FC Barcelona in 2009. The Sounders are winless in those four matches.
Tottenham's visit it part of a preseason tour of the U.S. They are also scheduled to face the Chicago Fire on July 26.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- Report: Seahawks favorites for Michael Bennett
- Trading for Graham would cost the Seahawks a fortune
- Former Seahawks DE Red Bryant signs with Jaguars
- Seahawks give second-round tender to Doug Baldwin
- Reports: Michael Bennett to test free agency
- Seahawks should pass on Brandon Browner
- More Seattle Seahawks »
- Mariners' pitchers have a new focus under Waits
- ESPN's Kurkjian: Corey Hart 'crucial' for M's offense
- Notebook: Felix, Seager remember first time they faced
- Paxton says September success gives him confidence
- Mariners notebook: Rodney ready for a strong start
- John Stearns puts Mariners first and steps down
- More Seattle Mariners »