Updated Dec 30, 2013 - 6:18 pm
Sounders to host Tottenham in summer friendly
TUKWILA, Wash. (AP) - The Seattle Sounders will host Premier League club Tottenham Hotspur in a summer exhibition match.
Seattle announced the friendly on Monday, adding to an impressive list of exhibitions the Sounders have hosted. The match will take place on July 19, less than a week after the conclusion of the World Cup.
This will be Seattle's first exhibition match since 2012 after not hosting a friendly last season. Seattle hosted Chelsea in 2012, Manchester United in 2011, and both Chelsea and FC Barcelona in 2009. The Sounders are winless in those four matches.
Tottenham's visit it part of a preseason tour of the U.S. They are also scheduled to face the Chicago Fire on July 26.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- Seattle 1B Choi banned 50 games for positive test
- Mariners minor leaguer suspended
- Mariners announcer needs signature Robinson Cano call
- Mariners notebook: A surprise in right field
- Mariners notebook: Walker shut down for two weeks
- M's Walker diagnosed with shoulder impingement
- More Seattle Mariners »
- Sidney Rice agrees to one-year deal with Seahawks
- Sidney Rice returns to the Seahawks with reported 1-year-deal
- Video: Seahawks stay mum on Lockette with TMZ paparazzi
- Seahawks with the most to gain: Byron Maxwell
- Seahawks should bring back Sidney Rice at a discount
- Russell Wilson, Seahawks keep busy in offseason California workouts
- More Seattle Seahawks »