Updated Jan 6, 2014 - 4:35 pm
Seattle signs F Lamar Neagle to extension
Seattle announced the deal Monday. No terms of the contract were released.
Neagle, 26, was nominated for MLS comeback player of the year in 2013 after he scored eight goals and had four assists in 30 MLS games, all career highs. Four of his eight goals were game-winners.
Last season was Neagle's return to his hometown club. The native of Federal Way, Wash., first played for the Sounders in brief stints in 2009 and 2011 sandwiched around time with the Charleston Battery in the USL-2 and Finland's IFK Mariehamn in 2010. Neagle spent the 2012 season playing for Montreal.
(Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- Former Seahawks DE Red Bryant signs with Jaguars
- Seahawks give second-round tender to Doug Baldwin
- Reports: Michael Bennett to test free agency
- Seahawks should pass on Brandon Browner
- Browner's reinstatement includes four-game ban
- Golden Tate states his case for a nice contract
- More Seattle Seahawks »
- Paxton says September success gives him confidence
- Mariners notebook: Rodney ready for a strong start
- John Stearns puts Mariners first and steps down
- Walker plays catch, expects to throw again Friday
- Mariners notebook: McClendon 'anxious' to see Walker
- Mariners notebook: Roster reduced to 55
- More Seattle Mariners »