Updated Jan 6, 2014 - 4:35 pm
Seattle signs F Lamar Neagle to extension
Seattle announced the deal Monday. No terms of the contract were released.
Neagle, 26, was nominated for MLS comeback player of the year in 2013 after he scored eight goals and had four assists in 30 MLS games, all career highs. Four of his eight goals were game-winners.
Last season was Neagle's return to his hometown club. The native of Federal Way, Wash., first played for the Sounders in brief stints in 2009 and 2011 sandwiched around time with the Charleston Battery in the USL-2 and Finland's IFK Mariehamn in 2010. Neagle spent the 2012 season playing for Montreal.
(Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- Seager's 2 HRs give Seattle 5-3 win over Houston
- Zduriencik and McClendon on the Mariners struggle
- Changes coming after the Mariners' 8th straight loss?
- McHugh strikes out 12 as Astros beat Seattle 5-2
- Dominguez homers to lead Astros over Mariners
- Paxton and Walker optimistic they will be cleared to throw this week
- More Seattle Mariners »
- Report: Seahawks exec Scot McCloughan resigns
- Seahawks' Richard Sherman named to Time's list of 100 most influential people
- Seahawks will need a finishing touch in 2014
- Richard Sherman talks race with Harvard students
- Seahawks get Packers Week 1, 49ers on Thanksgiving
- Seahawks' Russell Wilson files for divorce
- More Seattle Seahawks »