Updated Jan 9, 2014 - 5:30 pm
Seattle Sounders sign F Chad Barrett, 2 others
The Sounders announced the moves Thursday. Barrett was selected in stage two of the MLS re-entry draft in December.
Barrett spent last season with New England and had two goals and two assists in 19 games. He previously played for Chicago, Toronto and Los Angeles.
Kovar and Okoli are the second and third homegrown players signed by the Sounders in the past two seasons. Kovar, a midfielder from Seattle, was the Pac-12 freshman of the year in 2012 playing for Stanford. Okoli, a forward, grew up in Federal Way and played at Wake Forrest. He was a first-team all-ACC selection in 2013.
(Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- Seahawks with the most to gain: Christine Michael
- Sidney Rice agrees to one-year deal with Seahawks
- Sidney Rice returns to the Seahawks with reported 1-year-deal
- Video: Seahawks stay mum on Lockette with TMZ paparazzi
- Seahawks with the most to gain: Byron Maxwell
- Seahawks should bring back Sidney Rice at a discount
- More Seattle Seahawks »