Updated Jan 9, 2014 - 5:30 pm
Seattle Sounders sign F Chad Barrett, 2 others
The Sounders announced the moves Thursday. Barrett was selected in stage two of the MLS re-entry draft in December.
Barrett spent last season with New England and had two goals and two assists in 19 games. He previously played for Chicago, Toronto and Los Angeles.
Kovar and Okoli are the second and third homegrown players signed by the Sounders in the past two seasons. Kovar, a midfielder from Seattle, was the Pac-12 freshman of the year in 2012 playing for Stanford. Okoli, a forward, grew up in Federal Way and played at Wake Forrest. He was a first-team all-ACC selection in 2013.
(Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- Trading for Graham would cost the Seahawks a fortune
- Former Seahawks DE Red Bryant signs with Jaguars
- Seahawks give second-round tender to Doug Baldwin
- Reports: Michael Bennett to test free agency
- Seahawks should pass on Brandon Browner
- Browner's reinstatement includes four-game ban
- More Seattle Seahawks »
- ESPN's Kurkjian: Corey Hart 'crucial' for M's offense
- Notebook: Felix, Seager remember first time they faced
- Paxton says September success gives him confidence
- Mariners notebook: Rodney ready for a strong start
- John Stearns puts Mariners first and steps down
- Walker plays catch, expects to throw again Friday
- More Seattle Mariners »