Updated Jan 15, 2014 - 4:08 pm
Seattle sends 2 defenders to Chicago for Anibaba
The teams announced the trade Wednesday. Chicago and Seattle also swapped first-round picks in the MLS SuperDraft with the Sounders now selecting eighth and the Fire getting the No. 13 pick. Seattle also picked up a conditional third-round pick in 2015.
Anibaba has started 93 of 96 appearances for Chicago over the past three seasons. He started all 34 regular-season matches in 2013, scoring one goal and three assists.
Hurtado and Ianni are both original Sounders, having been with the club since its inception in 2009. Hurtado was a finalist for MLS defender of the year in 2009. The 29-year-old joined Seattle from Colombian club Deportivo Cali. Ianni, 28, joined Seattle in a trade from Houston before the start of the 2009 season.
(Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- Mariners' Nick Franklin tweets he's been sent down
- Seager's 2 HRs give Seattle 5-3 win over Houston
- Zduriencik and McClendon on the Mariners struggle
- Changes coming after the Mariners' 8th straight loss?
- McHugh strikes out 12 as Astros beat Seattle 5-2
- Dominguez homers to lead Astros over Mariners
- More Seattle Mariners »
- Report: Seahawks exec Scot McCloughan resigns
- Seahawks' Richard Sherman named to Time's list of 100 most influential people
- Seahawks will need a finishing touch in 2014
- Richard Sherman talks race with Harvard students
- Seahawks get Packers Week 1, 49ers on Thanksgiving
- Seahawks' Russell Wilson files for divorce
- More Seattle Seahawks »