Updated Jan 15, 2014 - 4:08 pm
Seattle sends 2 defenders to Chicago for Anibaba
The teams announced the trade Wednesday. Chicago and Seattle also swapped first-round picks in the MLS SuperDraft with the Sounders now selecting eighth and the Fire getting the No. 13 pick. Seattle also picked up a conditional third-round pick in 2015.
Anibaba has started 93 of 96 appearances for Chicago over the past three seasons. He started all 34 regular-season matches in 2013, scoring one goal and three assists.
Hurtado and Ianni are both original Sounders, having been with the club since its inception in 2009. Hurtado was a finalist for MLS defender of the year in 2009. The 29-year-old joined Seattle from Colombian club Deportivo Cali. Ianni, 28, joined Seattle in a trade from Houston before the start of the 2009 season.
(Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- M's notebook: Walker scratched from Tacoma start
- Mariners add run on replay, beat Rangers 7-1
- M's notebook: Why not move Ackley up in lineup?
- M's Chris Young has put shoulder issues behind him
- Could beards be the reason fans aren't connecting to the Mariners?
- Mariners notebook: Disappointing weekend for offense
- More Seattle Mariners »
- Report: Seahawks' Lockette made 911 call
- Seahawks with the most to gain: Bruce Irvin
- Report: Woman transported from Kaepernick's hotel
- 49ers' Colin Kaepernick responds to reports of 'suspicious incident'
- Lakewood is celebrating Jermaine Kearse Day
- Hawk Talk: Wright and the Seahawks' LB precedent
- More Seattle Seahawks »