I feel like Steve Martin in The Jerk right about now because I don't know what else to say here except: THE KNIFE HAVE A NEW RECORD, THE KNIFE HAVE A NEW RECORD, THE KNIFE HAVE A NEW RECORD! If you couldn't tell, I completely adore The Knife.
Shaking The Habitual is to be released on April 9th, 2013 via Mute. This is their first album in seven years, since Silent Shout in 2006.
The Knife are well known for shrouding everything they do in secrecy so it comes as no surprise that the teaser trailer for their new album is a scant 43 seconds of close-ups of feet, someone on a swingset and what I can only imagine is backmasked music from the upcoming -I'm sure it will be off the charts amazing- record.
Here's 'Heartbeats' from The Knife's second album, Deep Cuts.
- the mixtape chats with Lincoln Barr of Red Jacket Mine
- The Remix: Sync Music Video Festival
- the mixtape chats with Sebastian and The Deep Blue
- the mixtape chats "Weird Al" Yankovic with The Grapes of Rad
- the mixtape chats with The Jilly Rizzo
- the mixtape chats with Kris Orlowski and Whitney Knoerlein