This May, 2013, Daft Punk will be giving us a brand new record. At least that's what one half of the seminal electronic duo, Guy-Manuel de Homem Christo, has been quoted as saying by various media sources. And it's about damn time, too. Apart from their score for the 2010 film Tron: Legacy, it's been 8 years since the release of a proper full length album with 2005's Human After All. Via Daft Punk's website and Facebook page, the duo has revealed that they have signed to Columbia Records and during the latest episode of SNL, a teaser trailer featuring a new song from the duo played in the middle of a commercial break. I'm not sure what the entire record will sound like but the teaser trailer gives me a sense that the duo may be revisiting their earlier Discovery era sound.
Chic's Nile Rodgers, Chilly Gonzales, Panda Bear and even Muppets songwriter Paul Williams have all allegedly contributed to Daft Punk's new record.
- the mixtape chats with Lincoln Barr of Red Jacket Mine
- The Remix: Sync Music Video Festival
- the mixtape chats with Sebastian and The Deep Blue
- the mixtape chats "Weird Al" Yankovic with The Grapes of Rad
- the mixtape chats with The Jilly Rizzo
- the mixtape chats with Kris Orlowski and Whitney Knoerlein