The Monarch Review was an idea born between three fellows one early morning in Seattle as the trio sat on the steps of the apartment building in which they lived, The Monarch Apartments.
"It was myself, Caleb and our friend Nick -who has since moved on to other things- and we've had other editors come and go but we've been doing this for about 3-4 years," says Managing Editor Jake Uitti.
The Monarch Review is an on-line publication which posts upwards of 10 articles a week with poetry, interviews, fiction, music and essays being a few of the topics. A print edition is unveiled once a year with 2013 being host to the third edition of the literary and arts magazine.
"None of the print edition work is on the website. While we have a lot of great stuff on the website we like to think, at least to a degree, that the stuff in the print edition is the best of the best that we've come across, the stuff we've paid the most attention to and edited the most," says Managing Editor Jake Uitti.
The release party for The Monarch Review #3 is this December 12th at the University Heights Building from 6pm to 10pm. The event is FREE and there will be food, drinks and music from local band Industrial Revelation.
- the mixtape chats with Lincoln Barr of Red Jacket Mine
- The Remix: Sync Music Video Festival
- the mixtape chats with Sebastian and The Deep Blue
- the mixtape chats "Weird Al" Yankovic with The Grapes of Rad
- the mixtape chats with The Jilly Rizzo
- the mixtape chats with Kris Orlowski and Whitney Knoerlein