Artist Home, the company behind several local and really cool music festivals (Timber! Outdoor Music Festival, Slack Fest, Summer Bonfire Series and Doe Bay Fest) are at it again. The latest and greatest event to come from these masterminds who are working in partnership with SIFF and the Seattle Weekly, is something called Sync Music Video Fest. A slim selection of super talented NW filmmakers and bands will be gathering at SIFF Cinema Uptown in order to show off their collaborative work and get a little recognition for what they've been up to over the years. There will be a grand prize given to the best director as selected by a jury of local film and music professionals and that winner will be given all the profits from the evening to help fund their next film project. I absolutely love this.
Sync Music Video Fest happens Friday, February 28th and you can buy tickets to the event here.
I recently had a chat with Kevin Sur, one of the folks behind Artist Home, to learn more about this event and also local filmmaker Emily Denton about her music videos and how excited she is to be a part of this event. Listen above or here.
- the mixtape chats with Lincoln Barr of Red Jacket Mine
- The Remix: Sync Music Video Festival
- the mixtape chats with Sebastian and The Deep Blue
- the mixtape chats "Weird Al" Yankovic with The Grapes of Rad
- the mixtape chats with The Jilly Rizzo
- the mixtape chats with Kris Orlowski and Whitney Knoerlein