Ron & Don’s Top 5 at 5:00 Contest
Listen to the “Ron & Don” show each weekday for your chance to win great prizes through the “Top 5 at 5:00” contest. Just listen in the 5:00 p.m. hour when Ron and Don will take you through the five biggest news stories of the day. At some point during the 5:00 p.m. hour a special code word of the day will be announced. Enter that code word below and complete the entry form for your chance to win. Each day you will have until 8:00 p.m. to enter the contest! Ron & Don’s Top 5 at 5:00 is brought to you by Pacific Ridge Homes, a D.R. Horton Company, and Heritage Distilling’s Batch Number 12 Vodka.
Prize for week of December 18-22: Two tickets to see Lewis Black at The Moore Theater on January 21, 2018. The value of this prize is $120.00.
Prizes for week of December 11-15: Two tickets to see legendary tenor Andrea Bocelli live in concert at the Key Arena on June 24, 2018. The value of this prize is $250.00.
Prizes for week of December 4-8: Two tickets to see Air Supply Perform at Emerald Queen Casino on Valentine’s Day. The value of this prize is $140.00.
Prizes for week of November 27-30: A $75 Seahawks Pro Shop gift card.
No contest on Monday, November 20 due to Monday Night Football and no contest on Friday, November 24.
Rules, prizes and values listed below. As the contest proceeds, the prizes will be updated as needed. See below for complete contest rules.
Ron and Don’s Top Five at 5:00
1. General Description of the Contest. Ron and Don’s Top Five at 5 Contest (the ‘Contest’) offers participants a chance to win daily prizes for listening to the “Ron & Don” show. The Contest will be executed by KIRO Radio 97.3 FM (the “Station”). Listeners will be encouraged to listen to the Ron & Don show daily for a chance to enter to win. The rules below provide specific details, restrictions, limitations, etc., regarding the Contest.
2. Dates/Eligibility. The Contest will be executed daily from 5:00 pm to 8:00 pm. The Station may change the dates or terms of the Contest, including canceling the Contest, without prior notice. Any material changes will be broadcast on the Station and posted online on a page at www.mynorthwest.com (the “Site”). The Contest is open to all legal U.S. residents eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry residing within the State of Washington. For some prizes, the contest will be open to all legal U.S. residents twenty-one (21) years of age or older at the time of entry. There is no purchase necessary to enter or win. A purchase will not increase a contestant’s chance of winning. The Contest is void where prohibited by law. Employees or agents of the Station, Bonneville International Corporation, Heritage Distilling, the daily prize sponsor, any entity associated with the sponsorship or administration of the Contest (collectively, the “Sponsors”) or any other television or radio station that transmits a signal for reception anywhere within the State of Washington, as well as members of the same household of the employee or agent, may not participate. Winners of any contest or promotion conducted by the Station during the sixty (60) day period immediately prior to the start of the Contest may not participate.
3. How to Enter. Beginning on May 8, 2017 and continuing daily until December 31, 2017, contestants can enter the Contest by listening to KIRO Radio’s “Ron and Don” show during the 5:00 pm hour when the daily “Top 5 at 5:00” contest is executed. Each listener will be given one opportunity to enter this contest each day, Monday – Friday. At approximately 5:05 pm, Ron & Don will prompt listeners to listen to their top five (5) news stories of the day which will be announced throughout that hour. To gain entry into the contest listeners, when prompted by the show, must go to The Ron and Don Show page at MyNorthwest.com (http://mynorthwest.com/category/the-ron-and-don-show/) and click on the “Top 5 at 5:00” icon which will lead them to the entry form. Listeners can also log on to MyNorthwest.com/Five to access the online entry form. Once a contestant has arrived at the entry form, he or she must input the correct code word of the day, their contact email address, first name, phone number, postal code, birthdate and gender. One (1) Prize Winner will be determined in a random drawing from among all eligible entries. Entries must be received by 8:00pm Pacific Time the same day the code word is announced. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received prior to the end of the Sweepstakes Period. No additional entries will be allowed. Odds of winning are based upon number of entrants. The Station may discard any Entries which the Station deems suspicious, objectionable, or in poor taste, as determined by the Station in its sole discretion. Any Entries received after the Contest has ended (as described in Section 1, above), will not be effective to enter that person in the Contest.
4. Selection of Winners/How to Win. The Station will randomly select one (1) contestant out of the eligible entries to win this daily contest. Prizes will vary week-to-week, and sometimes each day. The Contest winner will be contacted the following morning via the phone number provided by contestant in the contest entry. The Contest winner will have approximately thirty (30) business days to claim the prize. If the prize is unclaimed after this period, the prize will be forfeited. No mail entries will be qualified.
5. Prizes. One (1) Daily entrant will receive the daily prize. Daily prizes will vary and will be listed on the contest page, with respective values, at MyNorthwest.com/Five. Contestants should listen to the 5:00 pm hour of KIRO Radio’s “Ron & Don” show to hear any announcements regarding the daily prize. The retail value of each daily prize will vary, and will generally range between $50.00 – $600.00 in value. All prize details are subject to availability and restrictions. Sponsor shall not be responsible for any cancellations, delays, or substitution or any act or omissions whatsoever. The Station reserves the right to substitute any prize with a prize of comparable value should the original prize be unavailable, regardless of reason. Prizes are not transferable, subject to substitution by the contestant or redeemable for cash. Prize winners may be required to complete an IRS Form W-9 and may receive an IRS Form 1099-Misc.
Prizes for the weeks of September 11-17, September 18-24, and September 25-October 1 are as follows:
-Week of September 11-17: September 11-13: Two tickets to the Seahawks vs. San Francisco 49ers game on 9/17, September 14-15: Two tickets to the Seahawks vs Indianapolis Colts game on 10/1. The value of this prize is $114.00 USD.
-Week of September 18-24: September 18: Two tickets to the Seahawks vs Indianapolis Colts game on 10/1, September 19-21: Two tickets to the Seahawks vs Houston Texans game on 10/19, September 22: Two tickets to the Seahawks vs Washington Redskins game on 11/5. The value of this prize is $114.00 USD.
-Week of September 25-October 1: September 25-26: Two Tickets to the Seahawks vs Washington Redskins game on 11/5, September 27-29: Two tickets to the Seahawks vs Atlanta Falcons game on 11/20. The value of this prize is $114.00 USD.
Prizes for the week of October 2-6: A $100 Gift Card for Demetriou’s Jazz Alley and four tickets for a half day whale watching tour with Puget Sound Express. The Total Value of each prize is $240.00.
Prizes for the week of October 9-13: A day trip for two people to Victoria BC aboard the Victoria Clipper, courtesy of Clipper Vacations. The total value of this prize is $180.00.
Prizes for the week of October 16-20: A day trip for two people to Victoria BC aboard the Victoria Clipper, courtesy of Clipper Vacations and a $50 gift card for 3 Pigs Barbecue in Bellevue. The total value of this prize is $230.00.
Prizes for the week of October 23-27: A $75.00 gift card for the Seahawks Pro Shop.
Prizes for the week of October 30-November 3: Two tickets to see Three Dog Night November 11th at the Emerald Queen Casino (must be 21+ to attend) and Two tickets to the Seattle International Auto Show happening November 9-12 at the CenturyLink Field Event Center. The value of this prize is $182.00.
Prizes for the week of November 6-10: A $75 Seahawks Pro Shop Gift card and Four (4) tickets to the Madden 18 Seahawks Championship event on November 18th! The value of this prize is $95.00. Note there will be no Top 5 at 5:00 contest on Thursday, November 9 due to Thursday Night Football.
Prizes for week of November 13-17: A $75 Seahawks Pro Shop gift card plus a $50 gift card for 3 Pigs Barbecue in Bellevue! The value of this prize is $125.00.
No Contest on Monday, November 20, 2017.
Prizes for November 21 and 22: Two tickets to see Smokey Robinson at the Emerald Queen Casino on January 20, 2018. The value of this prize is $140.00.
6. Conditions/Restrictions. In exchange for the right to participate in the Contest, each contestant agrees to release and indemnify each of the Sponsors, and the officers, directors, agents, parent companies, subsidiaries and employees of each of the Sponsors, for, from and against any and all claims, demands or causes of action of any nature or kind whatsoever, whether presently known or unknown, foreseen or unforeseen, that arise out of the contestant’s participation in the Contest. Entry into the Contest constitutes permission for each Sponsor and its respective designees to use the name, likeness, portrait, voice and biographical material of each contestant for an unlimited period of time in order to advertise, promote or publicize the Sponsor, the products and services of any of its designees or both. Each winner will be required to produce identification satisfactory to the Station and sign an affidavit of eligibility and release (including a publicity release) as prepared by the Station before the winner will be entitled to receive any prize. Anyone using fraudulent means to participate in or win the Contest will be subject to disqualification. The Sponsors are not responsible for technical, hardware, software or telephone or other transmission failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections or incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions, regardless of cause. The Station reserves the right in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend the Contest should a virus, bug, or other problem beyond the control of the Station corrupt the administration, security, or proper execution of the Contest.
Prizes are non-transferable and no cash equivalent or substitution of prize is offered, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. If prizes, or any portion thereof, cannot be awarded for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize with another prize of equal or greater value. Prizes will only be awarded to addresses within the United States. Winners will be solely responsible for all applicable Federal, State, and local taxes connected with receipt of prize, the use and enjoyment of prize, or any other connection with this Sweepstakes unless otherwise required by law or unless this requirement is waived by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. Winners will receive IRS Form 1099 for the ARV of prize. As a condition of accepting the prize, Winners agree to furnish any requested information needed for tax reporting.
By participating in this contest, entrants understand and agree (and agree to confirm in writing): (a) to abide to these Official Rules which are final and binding and the decisions of Sponsor with respect to all aspects of the Sweepstakes, which are final, (b) to accept the prize as awarded, with substitution, and to release and hold harmless Sponsor, its parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, advertising and promoting agencies, any other party associated with the development or administration of this Sweepstakes, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents (collectively, “Releasees”) from and against any and all liability whatsoever, including without limitation legal claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages, demands or actions of any kind (including without limitation personal injuries, death, damages, loss or destruction of property rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light) in connection with this Sweepstakes or with the announcement, acceptance, ownership, or use or misuse of prize (including but not limited to any travel related thereto) and/or use of the Entry, or other errors in these terms and conditions, and (c) except where legally prohibited, by accepting the prize, Winners agree to the use of their names, photographs, likenesses, voices, images and biographical information and statements for advertising, trade, publicity and promotional purposes without additional compensation, in perpetuity, in all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide and on the Internet and World Wide Web, without notice, review or approval by the Sponsor and those acting under Sponsor’s authority. Releasees are not responsible for loss, damage, or claims resulting from the Sweepstakes. Entrants or Winners will be disqualified for any attempt to tamper with any aspect of the Sweepstakes, or circumvent these Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right to remedy any such action, disruption, or circumvention in a manner, determined solely by Sponsor that is fair and equitable to Sweepstakes entrants. Sponsor may, at its sole discretion, disqualify any individual who tampers with any entry or with the operation of the Sweepstakes, who acts in violation of these Rules or otherwise in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or who displays any intent to threaten, abuse or harass any other person. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to void, modify, terminate or suspend this Sweepstakes (or any portion thereof) should fraud or any unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play of the Sweepstakes. BY ACCEPTING PRIZE, WINNERS ACCEPT (AGREE TO CONFIRM IN WRITING) THE INHERENTLY DANGEROUS NATURE AND RISK IN LAND AND SEA TRAVEL, INCLUDING PERSONAL INJURY AND/OR DEATH, ACKNOWLEDGE THAT HIS/HER PARTICIPATION IN THE PRIZE EVENT IS VOLUNTARY, ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THERE ARE NATURAL FACTORS AND OCCURRENCES WHICH MAY IMPACT ON OR AFFECT THE SAFETY OF THE ACTIVITIES HE/SHE IS PARTICIPATING IN AND HE/SHE ASSUME THE RISK OF SUCH FACTORS AND OCCURRENCES AND AGREE THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY LAW, RELEASEES SHALL NOT BE IN ANY WAY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY RESULTING INJURY AND/OR DEATH. If any provision of the Official Rules or the application of any such provision to any person or circumstance shall be declared to be invalid, unenforceable or void, such decision shall not have the effect of invalidating or voiding the remainder of the Official Rules, it being the intent and agreement of the parties that the Official Rules shall be deemed amended by modifying such provision to the extent necessary to render it valid, legal and enforceable while preserving its intent or, if such modification is not possible, by substituting therefore another provision that is valid, legal and enforceable so as to give effect to Sponsor’s intent. Nothing in these Official Rules shall in any way limit or exclude liability for or in connection with (a) fraud, or (b) death or personal injury caused by negligence.
7. Rules. Copies of these rules are available at the Site, at the Station’s studios, 1820 Eastlake Avenue, Seattle Washington 98102, during regular business hours or by sending a request, along with a self-addressed stamped envelope, to the Station at this address.