If you have a news tip or story idea, I'd love to hear from you...
To leave a voice message for Linda about any of her stories call toll free 1-855-251-2363
Busy traffic for diplomas and dugoutsJune 9, 2012 @ 10:07 am (Updated: 12:01 pm - 6/10/12 )
I'm going to the Mariners game this afternoon, and what do you know I'll be among the tens of thousands of extra drivers on the roads this weekend because of graduation ceremonies.
The Department of Transportation has a handy list of what's happening and which roads will be restricted. So, as I was doing when I discovered this list, plan ahead.
Sunday, June 10
• A single lane of State Route 520 in each direction at Montlake Boulevard will close 5-7 a.m. for bridge inspection
• The I-90 express lanes will close to eastbound traffic at 5 a.m. and reopen at 6 a.m. for westbound travel until 3 p.m. to accommodate special events.
• Seattle University will hold its commencement ceremony at KeyArena from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. With 11,000 people expected to attend, drivers should anticipate heavy traffic on I-5 near Mercer Street.
• The Seattle Mariners play the Los Angeles Dodgers at Safeco Field at 1:10 p.m. Drivers should plan for heavy traffic on I-5 and I-90 before and after the game.
• Seattle University will hold their graduate level commencement ceremony at KeyArena 3-5 p.m. With 6,000 expected to attend, drivers should anticipate heavy traffic on I-5 near Mercer Street.
Drivers should also keep in mind that boating season is under way and the SR 520 Bridge draw span will open with 1-2 hour prior notice. To avoid delays, drivers can sign up to receive advance email and text alerts.
Photo by Oran Viriyincy/Flickr
Bonneville Media encourages site users to express their opinions by posting comments. Our goal is to maintain a civil dialogue in which readers feel comfortable. At times, the comments can descend to personal attacks. Please do not engage in such behavior. We encourage your thoughtful comments which: have a positive and constructive tone, are on topic, are respectful toward others and their opinions. Bonneville reserves the right to remove comments which do not conform to these criteria.