Ciscoe's Tips of the Week: Plant peas, radishesMarch 22, 2013 @ 9:13 am (Updated: 10:12 am - 4/5/13 )
- It's not too late to sow the seeds of peas, spinach, radishes, turnips and Swiss chard directly into the garden. Work in about a cup of organic vegetable food and a half-cup bone meal per five-row feet before planting.
- Sow the seeds the annual flowers such as Bachelor's buttons, calendula, California poppy, forget-me-nots and sweet peas directly into the garden. Work organic flower food into the soil before sowing the seed.
- Fertilize houseplants with a soluble houseplant food every two week. Dilute amount of fertilizer depending on how much light plants receive. Very low light 1/4 strength, full-sun, full-strength.
Ciscoe's Tips of the month for March:
- Prune roses and work in a mix of alfalfa meal and natural all-purpose fertilizer.
- Apply alfalfa meal and organic fertilizer to get perennials off to a galloping start.
- Rent a dethatching machine to remove moss from lawn before applying a moss control.
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.