Ciscoe's Tips of the Week: Sow your seedsMarch 29, 2013 @ 9:40 am (Updated: 10:11 am - 4/5/13 )
- Sow tomato seeds indoors under grow lights in seed starting soil. Keep the flats in a cool room, but use heating mats to keep soil between 70 and 90 degrees.
- Sow lettuce directly into the garden. Work one cup of organic vegetable food and a 1/2 cup of bone meal into the soil for every 10 feet of row.
- Weeds are coming up like wild banshees. Try to get them out before they go to seed and drive you crazy.
Ciscoe's Tips of the month for March:
- Prune roses and work in a mix of alfalfa meal and natural all-purpose fertilizer.
- Apply alfalfa meal and organic fertilizer to get perennials off to a galloping start.
- Rent a dethatching machine to remove moss from lawn before applying a moss control.
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.