Ciscoe's Tips of the Week: Feed your Rhodys!April 19, 2013 @ 10:20 am (Updated: 10:22 am - 4/19/13 )
Ciscoe's Tips of the Week:
- Bait for slug using the safer slug baits containing iron phosphate as the main ingredient.
- Support local plant sales that support great institutions and causes such as Children's Hospital, the Arboretum, and The Master Gardeners.
- Feed Rhododendrons with organic Rhododendron food.
Ciscoe's Tips of the Month for April
- Rent an aeration machine to pull plugs from the lawn. Leave plugs and allow to break down naturally.
- Top dress with a layer of organic compost, making sure not to cover more than 1/3 of the grass blades.
- Divide summer and fall blooming perennials and replant with natural fertilizer.