Ciscoe's Tips of the Week: Choose your trees wiselyMay 9, 2013 @ 12:38 pm (Updated: 12:46 pm - 5/9/13 )
Ciscoe's Tips of the Week:
- Use care when choosing and planting trees. Be aware they usually get bigger than it says on the tag. Make sure not to plant it too close to the side of the house.
- Japanese maples make wonderful small trees. Talk to your nursery person to make sure it will grow to the appropriate size for your location.
- Never plant a tree any deeper than it came out of the pot. Work a handful of organic starter fertilizer into the hole before planting and always water the tree in well after planting.
Ciscoe's Tips of the Month for May
- Prune spring blooming shrubs as soon as the flowers fade, and add an organic all-purpose fertilizer.
- Mix in a handful of bone meal and a cup of organic vegetable food when you plant heat loving vegetables.
- Plant exciting new varieties of perennials, trees, shrubs, and annual flowers.
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.