Ciscoe's Tips of the Week: Replace plants killed by winter coldMay 23, 2013 @ 1:29 pm (Updated: 1:38 pm - 5/23/13 )
Ciscoe's Tips of the Week:
- Use undiluted vinegar or an organic natural lawn weed killer to kill broad-leaved weeds in lawns on a hot sunny day. Put a funnel on the end of the spray wand to concentrate the spray, and minimize grass kill. Wait a week, then poke holes and put grass seed in them. Apply organic lawn food to newly seeded areas and keep them moist. Grass should fill-in within 3 weeks.
- Replace plants that were killed by winter cold. Nurseries have incredible selections of fantastic perennials and trees and shrubs. Work the recommended amount of an All-Purpose Natural & organic fertilizer into the hole before planting.
Ciscoe's Tips of the Month for May
- Prune spring blooming shrubs as soon as the flowers fade, and add an organic all-purpose fertilizer.
- Mix in a handful of bone meal and a cup of organic vegetable food when you plant heat loving vegetables.
- Plant exciting new varieties of perennials, trees, shrubs, and annual flowers.
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.