Ciscoe's Tips of the Week: Make room for veggiesJune 6, 2013 @ 3:56 pm (Updated: 8:39 am - 6/7/13 )
- Harvest remaining peas, and remove over the hill plants to make room for hot season vegetables.
- Prune back late summer blooming perennials such as aster, phlox, and lobelia by about 2/3rds to make them bushier and to delay bloom.
- If your Sedum spectabilis (Autumn Joy type) tend to flop, cut them back 2/3rds now. They'll grow back as a dome, won't flop and will be covered with flowers in fall.
Ciscoe's Tips of the Month for June
- Keep roses blooming by feeding a mix of organic rose food and alfalfa meal. Remove spent flowers.
- Remove aphids by blasting them off with a powerful spray of water, or use a natural insecticidal soap.
- Apply 1 inch of water weekly to lawns, and mow every five to seven days.
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.