Ciscoe's Tips of the Week: Plant your veggies nowAugust 8, 2013 @ 4:17 pm (Updated: 4:21 pm - 8/8/13 )
Ciscoe's Tips of the Week:
- This is the perfect time to sow greens of all kinds directly into the garden for harvest in the fall and early winter. Plant spinach, lettuce, arugala, corn salad, mustards, oriental greens and Cilantro now and they'll survive mild frosts and will keep producing for delicious salads and other dishes well into winter. Work about a cup of organic vegetable food per 10 row foot into the soil before planting.
- Weed vegetable and perennial beds immediately after watering. The weeds will be much easier to pull if they are in moist soil.
Ciscoe's Tips of the Month for August
- Weed beds, and add a layer of fresh organic mulch to reduce weed regrowth and the need to water.
- Prune fruit trees by controlling height, removing sprouts growing out of the top, and crowding the middle.
- Pull finished crops. Work in bone meal and organic vegetable food. Plant spinach, leaf lettuce, radishes, and spinach.
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.