Ciscoe’s Tips of the Week:
– Cut back Delphiniums after bloom to new leaves emerging at the base. If you haven’t fertilized do it now with a mix of alfalfa meal, and organic & Natural All Purpose Fertilizer.
– Deadhead annuals and perpetually blooming perennials regularly. Trim back the stems on flowering annuals growing in baskets and containers to keep them from getting leggy with all of the flowers only on the ends of the branches. Cut 1/2 of the stems back about 2/3rds, and as soon as those begin to grow and flower, cut the remaining stems back the same way. Your basket or container should look great into October.
– Fertilize plants in flowering baskets and containers every 2 weeks with a soluble bloom booster fertilizer that is high in phosphorus (second number on the label). Water regularly.
Ciscoe’s Tips of the Month for July
– Deadhead spent flowers and add organic rose and flower food to promote blooming.
– Fertilize container gardens regularly. Add a water soluble natural all-purpose fertilizer every other week.
– Harvest beans, cucumbers, and summer squash when they are young for better taste and to keep them producing.