Ciscoe’s Tips of the Week: Tips for watering your lawn
Ciscoe’s Tips of the Week:
– If you water your lawn during summer, apply an organic lawn food now. If you don’t water and allow the grass to go dormant, don’t fertilize again until growth resumes in September.
– Put out your pepper starts. Locate them in the sunniest spot possible, and feed with high nitrogen blood or All Natural Organic liquid plant food to get the plants off to a fast start. When flowers form, side dress with organic tomato food to encourage fruit to form.
– Shear heathers and heaths as soon as they finish blooming to encourage fuller stems, and more attractive plants.
Ciscoe’s Tips of the Month for June
– Keep roses blooming by feeding a mix of organic rose food and alfalfa meal. Remove spent flowers.
– Remove aphids by blasting them off with a powerful spray of water, or use a natural insecticidal soap.
– Apply 1 inch of water weekly to lawns, and mow every five to seven days.